Major Spoilers is here to entertain you – to inform you, to offer up a bit of ephemera to make your crazy day a lot less insane.  On days when your hosts feel overwhelmed, or frustrated, it is always nice when Spoilerites like J.J. Valentine send us something that makes us smile…

So, Spoilerites, what about Major Spoilers makes you smile?

via J.J. Valentine

Shannon Wheeler signs three book deal with BOOM! Studios

Major Spoilers Podcast #291: Giant Banana Gazonga Razzmatazz

1. March 29, 2011 at 5:26 pm — Reply

Imagining all the diffrent ways Matthew will say Poll of the Week. That puts a smile on my face.

2. J Michael T
    March 29, 2011 at 6:17 pm — Reply

Making my point and ending with a “Kablammicus!”

3. Kevin
    March 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm — Reply

Rodrigo’s Northwestern references

4. TVsBryanD
    March 29, 2011 at 6:44 pm — Reply

The inside jokes.

5. Kersimus
    March 29, 2011 at 7:47 pm — Reply

Understanding Matthew’s references

6. Kirby
    March 29, 2011 at 7:57 pm — Reply

The inside jokes and running gags.

7. March 29, 2011 at 8:11 pm — Reply

Occasional shirtless pics of Chris Evans?

8. Galactoss
    March 29, 2011 at 9:14 pm — Reply

Ma-jor Spoi-lers Theme Song! Do-do-doo, de-doo, de-doo….

All the music really, James Kennison’s song and the old “Stop talking about comic books or I’ll kill you” one are great too, but that falsetto puts a grin on my face every time I hear it. When I’m not joining in, anyway.

9. Spaceboots
    March 29, 2011 at 9:43 pm — Reply

Anytime you guys bring up D&D it makes me smile.

10. Jimmy
    March 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm — Reply

When Rodrigo says “hello, future people” I can’t help but laugh every time

11. March 29, 2011 at 10:56 pm — Reply

Hey Nice pic! That dude is one handsome guy! You guys rock and keep up the good work! My wife and I are on the hunt to rebuild the Luke Cage collection!!! Go Luke! Also gonna start looking at this Static Shock Kid!

12. litanyofthieves
    March 29, 2011 at 11:18 pm — Reply

I think an easier list would be “When does Major Spoilers NOT make me smile.” I think the top spot goes to when you all passive-aggressively insult each other.

My girlfriend who listens with me says “When Matthew goes into nerd rage it makes me laugh. And then he says something cute about his daughter, and it makes me smile. MOAR BEANWORLD!”

• March 30, 2011 at 1:05 am — Reply

But that is how you know we love each other… and in all honesty, most the time it is us just goofing around… Matthew and I have known each other for so long, we know when to hold ’em and when to fold ’em – or in Matthew’s case, pick on Stephen for being bald, or fat, or old, or fill in the blank :)

• litanyofthieves
        March 30, 2011 at 10:53 pm — Reply

“But that is how you know we love each other”

And that is why it makes me smile. Keep it up!

13. Antonio Sanciolo
    March 30, 2011 at 12:21 am — Reply

Whenever Legends of the Dark Knight is brought up!

• March 30, 2011 at 1:03 am — Reply

You know… they never should have canceled that series.

• aerspyder
        March 30, 2011 at 7:26 am — Reply

I loved that response . . .

14. GeorgeWook
    March 30, 2011 at 1:39 am — Reply

The regular reminders of how awesome iPad’s are… Surprised iPad 2 hasn’t been mentioned yet :)

15. Dude X
    March 30, 2011 at 2:15 am — Reply

“IT’S TIME!!!” that part doesn’t get old, and other obscure pro wrestling references

16. March 30, 2011 at 2:34 am — Reply

What made me smile in a happy-kind-of-sad-way was when i reheard the “Everyone was naked all the time” episode of CH, and we learn that Torq sleeps on the floor curled up as a kitten….
    Soo sad, soo sweed.

17. James Adams
    March 30, 2011 at 4:54 am — Reply

The differing and fascinating backgrounds you have all come from, yet here you are expressing your love of various forms of pop culture. From comics and movies, to D&D and pro wrestling, you are not afraid to tell us why you did or did not like these various and sundry works of entertainment. I thank you for your weekly contributions to said pop culture, and hope to hear content for as long as you are able to provide it.

18. brenton8090
    March 30, 2011 at 5:27 am — Reply

The Saturday theme song. It never fails. Also, the quality of the commenters on the site. If I see the same story on another site first, and I have something to say, I save it for Major Spoilers. Cause I know that’s where it’ll matter. (at least a little.)

19. Toronto Frog
    March 30, 2011 at 12:17 pm — Reply

The fact that you all seem to have rockin’ good fun, even when we know, via Rodrigo’s twitter account, that a large part of a recording session had to be redone! :) Moreover, it seems like me and some of my friends goofing around and shooting pop culture references, but actually with pop culture! :)

20. Justin Gerlach
    March 30, 2011 at 10:14 pm — Reply

Anytime the adult tag is questioned by Matthew, and it isnt approved or remembered by Stephen. We then get some toned down version of a expletive.

• litanyofthieves
      March 30, 2011 at 10:55 pm — Reply

I remember the first time I laughed out loud at Major Spoilers, when they were saying stuff like “G-D it!” But lettering the wrong word, like, H. Fuck or sommat. It made me laugh so hard.