REVIEW: FF #1

TALK BACK: Sucker Punch

1. thedexter102
    March 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm — Reply

I feel sorry for her above everything else.

The reason she was being picked on is not because the song’s bad (to me it sounds just as bad as any auto-tuned pop song these days) but because she was offered the opertunity to do this and the people that picked on her weren’t. Even if this song made it to number one and stayed there for 52 weeks she’d still be picked on because of her oppertuinty.

I’ll give an example, near where I live is a 17 year old boy called Tom who was the youngest diver ever to take home a medal at the olympics. He has numerous golds and silvers to his name and is one the UK’s main”safe bet” Gold winner for 2012. Yet he suffered horrible bullying at his old school. He was given an oppertunity and had something that made him famous. People hate that.

The fact that the song is bad is only the ammuntion for the people who want to pick on her for being, to some extent, a sucsess.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.

• March 25, 2011 at 4:31 pm — Reply

Don’t feel too bad. From what I’ve heard, the video has garnered about $70,000 in advertising revenue from YouTube.

• March 26, 2011 at 9:09 am — Reply

She wasn’t exactly picked. Her parents paid a couple grand to have a music video made by a vanity producer in L.A.

• thedexter102
        March 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm — Reply

That changes the math a little.

She got in not based on any kind of talent but because someone paid which is an automatic early warning flag to me.

Yeah that kind of unlimated consumerism is one of the things that really annoys me but that’s a different soap box. ;)

My point still stands however that kids will bully other more sucsessful kids.

2. Christina
    March 26, 2011 at 12:47 am — Reply

The heck? She’s not even singing! (Remember when pop stars used to sing?)
    gah!

• Damascus
      May 8, 2011 at 1:33 am — Reply

Well she’s singing, just not very well and then it’s auto-tuned until it’s unrecognizable. I wish I could auto-tune myself, I love to sing but I’m one of the few people it seems who recognizes that I’m practically tone deaf and doesn’t subject others to my singing.

3. Frank
    March 26, 2011 at 9:27 am — Reply

I am one of those who have been living under a rock. Rebecca did OK. I’ve seen better, I’ve seen much worse.
    Chad’s was just plain fun.

4. xrayguy
    March 27, 2011 at 4:40 pm — Reply

Chad has more talent.

5. Bill
    March 29, 2011 at 12:09 am — Reply

Chad’s definitely entertained me more but I don’t think Miss Black’s version is any worse than a thousand other teen pop songs out there. If her parents can afford to make the video and they choose to spend their money that way more power to them. If it catapults Rebecca into fame and fortune as a pop singer, more power to her. I won’t be her biggest fan as I don’t listen to that drek but others do. Great.

The secret to dealing with ‘Haters’ who treat you like shit is to laugh at them. really. it’s fun and pisses them off even more.