Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

On the next Major Spoilers Podcast: Creature Tech

SOLICITATIONS: Bluewater Productions for June 2011

1. TaZ
    March 21, 2011 at 3:18 pm — Reply

That is the skinniest Green Lantern that I’ve ever seen.

2. March 21, 2011 at 3:24 pm — Reply

3. March 21, 2011 at 4:17 pm — Reply

I can’t choose who I like more: G’nort, Scott & Ramona, or that small army of Ghostbusters.

4. Jimmy
    March 21, 2011 at 9:10 pm — Reply

Fun fact that you can’t really see in the picture:
    Hawkman has a tiny Atom figurine sitting on his belt pouch on the right side of his body. It’s the subtle touches like that, showing how much you care about the character, that really make the costume.

That being said, my favorite costume on here is probably either G’Nort or the duct tape Batgirl. I stood with her in line on Saturday morning and she was really nice; we had a debate about the merits of the various Robins. I still stand by my belief that Damian is a fun character, at least in the sense of having him team up with other characters (ie. Stephanie Brown, Supergirl, etc). He’s also cool in that we get to see Dick Grayson mentor him.

• Cindy
      April 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm — Reply

Allllright, Jimmy. I’ll finally concede to you that Damian isn’t the worst character. It just pains me to think of any non-Batman/Catwoman pairing. Hahaha, but yeah, I’ve been reading more and more comics with Damian in them, and he’s got some great comedic value.

And of course, since he gets to train with Dick, that’s adorable.

Glad I got to talk to you in line :)

-Cindy (Duct Tape Batgirl)

• Damascus
        May 5, 2011 at 2:57 am — Reply

So how insanely hot was that duct tape Batgirl suit to wear around all day? You look great in it by the way; it just seems like it’d be hot. Breatheability isn’t usually a big selling point for duct tape. ;)

• Cindy
          May 13, 2011 at 3:13 pm — Reply

Thanks! Yeah, that costume is bloody hot; luckily I tend to be cold instead of hot, but the venue was exceptionally sunny. I spent about 2 hours in a very dark panel room, which was bliss.

But I only had it on for about 6 hours total (not counting the hour it took to get into it), which wasn’t too horrible. I’ve got experience being a school mascot, and I’d daresay the mascot costume is about 40% warmer than the duct tape costumes I’ve made. So all in all, it wasn’t too bad for me, but I’m sure other people might get overwhelmed if they overheat easily.

5. Belmont
    March 21, 2011 at 11:53 pm — Reply

Great costumes, kudos to those fans, across the known universes of Comics, Sci Fi, TV Shows, and movies. I liked a bunch of them esp Magneto passes out from to much schnapps. Doctor Doom and Darkseid, “What are we going to do tonight Doom, Tonight Darkseid we rule the WORLD!!!!” Godzilla making his way back from Japan no wonder why he passed out…

6. Ace-el
    March 22, 2011 at 9:27 am — Reply

Great costumes

7. Robbie
    March 22, 2011 at 8:39 pm — Reply

Narcoleptic Magneto = WIN

8. Alisha Mynx
    March 26, 2011 at 2:37 pm — Reply

Anyone willing to dress up as G’Nort Esplanade G’neeshmacher is okay by me!!

At one con I saw a girl with a little stuffed squirrel thing as Ch’p, but I’d never seen anyone try G’nort before.