News out of H’wood this evening has Joseph Gordon-Levitt set to play Alberto Falcone, son of Mafia boss Carmine Falcone, in the upcoming Dark Knight Rises movie.   Does this revelation mean that we are going to see the Holiday Killer appear?  Does this mean that all the bits and pieces we’ve been handed over the last couple of movies are going to play out in an adaptation of The Long Halloween?

It’s still speculation right now, Spoilerites, but one other bit of casting news has Juno Temple playing a “street-smart Gotham girl.”  We know that Catwoman will be in the movie, so does this mean audiences will be introduced to Holly Robinson (not THAT Holly Robinson)?

This is some very exciting news and gives us even more to gossip about next Wednesday as we gather around the counter at our local comic book stores to share the gossip and giggle like school children.

via Variety

REVIEW: Adventure Comics #524

SNEAK PEEK: Archie Double Digest #217

1. Kareem
    March 19, 2011 at 9:44 pm — Reply

Could Holly = Juno Temple? “Street wise Gotham girl”? Plus with Selina in there, I can see it.

2. TheNewNum.2
    March 19, 2011 at 9:51 pm — Reply

Jeez, what’s with the rumor mill lately? First they get Costner as Pa Kent right, and now the Jason Gordon-Levitt rumors are panning out too? Rumors are supposed to be wildly inaccurate, that’s why they are fun.

Anyway, from the side by side, he looks good for the part, but who knows what it will end up like in the final production. You can’t tell a lot from one photo, one way or the other.

• TheNewNum.2
      March 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm — Reply

Grr, I meant Joseph. Curse my fuzzy memory. :(

3. March 19, 2011 at 10:24 pm — Reply

Good choice, and funny to see some much movie life being squeezed out of The Long Halloween.

4. Jubal
    March 19, 2011 at 11:20 pm — Reply

hell yes, I loved gordon in inception and i think he just looks like a supervillian :)

5. March 20, 2011 at 8:53 pm — Reply

Nolan’s reigning in even more of his usual suspects with this one. I do really wanna see what Gordon-Levitt does with an antagonist role, so this color me excited! I mean I was already excited, so I guess now I’m extra-super-excited!

6. Generik
    March 21, 2011 at 2:45 pm — Reply

This may be why there is no sign of Gordon-Levitt in the GI Joe sequel?