A brand new trailer for the J. J. Abrams/Steven Spielberg Super 8 movie.

In the summer of 1979, a group of friends in a small Ohio town witness a catastrophic train crash while making a super 8 movie and soon suspect that it was not an accident. Shortly after, unusual disappearances and inexplicable events begin to take place in town, and the local Deputy tries to uncover the truth – something more terrifying than any of them could have imagined.

I thought it felt like E.T. before, but now, this feels like the best parts of all of Spielberg’s films back when he was doing really great stuff. Watch close and you’ll see E.T., Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Amazing Stories, and Indiana Jones…

MOVIE: RoboCop reboot finds writer

FRIDAY SING-ALONG: She Don't Like Firefly

1. J Michael T
    March 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm — Reply

This is the first time I have watched a trailer for this movie and liked what I saw. I really hope Spielberg comes back with something good. He is way overdue!

2. lordrandy
    March 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm — Reply

Hey, I live in Dayton, Ohio, I think I saw my house in there….

3. thedexter102
    March 11, 2011 at 3:02 pm — Reply

I was all excited about this… for the first minuet, and then the train blew up and I lost intrest. What’s wrong with a film about just some freinds making a Super 8 home movie? No SFx. No Fancy glitz and CGI. Just a charecter piece.

Then again I may be totally wrong about it.

• Damascus
      April 26, 2011 at 1:18 am — Reply

Might be a little wrong, since it’s not some big swerve, it’s the whole point of the movie. I’m sure there are some movies about kids making a super 8 movie though. Son of Rambow being one of them.

4. Dboy Mugg
    March 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm — Reply

That was pretty amazing in my opinion. Up until this point I had little interest in this film. I am pleasantly surprised by what I saw. I do agree that it oozes with ‘vibe’ from other films. I get the sense of those mentioned along with a bit of ‘explorers’ and ‘stand by me’…which is pretty awesome.

5. Ray
    March 11, 2011 at 11:15 pm — Reply

1:42 Super 10

6. James
    March 12, 2011 at 10:45 am — Reply

i guess they just don’t make automobiles like they used to, because all the times you see train v auto collisions the train always wins, in this film… not so much.