Marvel’s latest teaser for Fear Itself has arrived, and visually it is a great piece.  As far as the story goes, I’m still going to hold out and see what the first issue brings.

FEAR ITSELF: BOOK OF THE SKULL #1 (JAN110692)
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils by SCOT EATON
Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Cover by JOE QUESADA
Rated T+ …$3.99
On-Sale—3/16/11

FEAR ITSELF #1 (of 7) (FEB110500)
Written by MATT FRACTION
Pencils by STUART IMMONEN
Cover by STEVE McNIVEN
Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN
Rated T+ …$3.99
FOC—3/14/11, On-Sale—4/6/11

via Marvel

REVIEW: Joe The Barbarian #8 (of 8)

WONDERCON'11: Green Lantern: Emerald Knights to premiere at convention

1. Ricco
    March 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm — Reply

“FEAR ITSELF: Iron Breaks, Soldiers Fall, Gods Die” They forgot “Readers skip.”

2. TaZ
    March 8, 2011 at 2:31 pm — Reply

Call me a skeptic (no, really…go ahead…) but didn’t that ALREADY happen to all three of these guys within the last couple of years? Stark lost everything and had his brain fried; Thor’s not been back on Midgard that long and Steve Rogers has already been frozen, thawed, shot, time-travelled and brought back so a teaser that Marvel’s gonna write off one of their Big 3 Avengers ain’t going to get me to shell out the cost of an issue. I will content myself to re-reading all the salvaged 80’s comics I recently found in my parent’s basement. I’m passing on both “Fear Itself” and “Flashpoint” so I’m an equal opportunity “Big Event” basher.

3. James M. Adams
    March 8, 2011 at 2:55 pm — Reply

I’m going with the above two comments. I have no interest in Flashpoint, War of the Green Lanterns, Fear Itself, etc… I’m looking forward to some Darkwing Duck, The Annihilators… and not much else. The big two have been cycling through so many events, it is really going to hurt them in the long run.

4. aerspyder
    March 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm — Reply

I’m pretty sure they are being metaphorical.

• TaZ
      March 8, 2011 at 3:48 pm — Reply

Comics? Metaphorical?…..Nah….

5. steviecool
    March 9, 2011 at 8:19 am — Reply

… but crossovers and tie-ins are forever.