NBC’s adaptation of Wonder Woman is proceeding along as planned, and as the shoot date for the pilot draws near, the producers are looking for extras to play muscle-bound military types.

“Central Casting Los Angeles is looking for Super Buff, Worked out, Bodybuilder Type Guys to play soldiers that appear to be on steroids for Wonder Woman. This will work at the end of march or beginning of April. Email bodyshots with all sizes and contact info to centralww@gmail.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it . if you know someone not registered with Central Casting please let them know they can submit too!”

The Wonder Woman television series stars Adrianne Palicki, and is written by David E. Kelley.

Central Casting via Super Hero Hype

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sneak Peek: Counterattack

MOVIE: RoboCop getting reboot, Padilha to direct

1. Ceroth
    March 2, 2011 at 9:23 am — Reply

Ok, why am I not surprised that a hack like David D. Kelley would want to portray soldiers as ‘roided up freaks. I knew I was not interested in this crap, and this just confirms my judgment.

• JacinB
      March 2, 2011 at 10:01 am — Reply

He’s done a decent job with soldiers. Look at Brad Chase (Mark Valley’s character) on “Boston Legal” who, as a former Marine, was viewed as the ‘go-to guy’ when the firm needed a tough job done the right way and was one of the few characters on the show who wasn’t comically flawed.

I suspect that the reason why these soldiers need to look ‘roided up is for story-line reasons. And, as they’re apparently set against Wonder Woman, I’m guessing they’re likely working for the villain or part of a villainous sub-plot (you know, like Riley Finn’s group in Buffy) and not the normal, run-of-the-mill type soldiers.

“I knew I was not interested in this crap, and this just confirms my judgment.”

Right.

Because any tidbit of information about something you’ve preconceived negatively can be, then, spun negatively in your head to further solidify your preconceptions. Howzabout waiting to see an episode or two before making judgments? Too much to ask?

And the guy who came up with shows like “Doogie Howser, M.D.” and “L.A. Law” and “The Practice” and “Boston Legal” (which is, frankly, William Shatner’s best.work.evar) is not a hack.

• Ricco
        March 2, 2011 at 4:36 pm — Reply

M. Night Shyamalan did a great job on the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs. But everyone and their cousin knew he was going to kill Avatar.

Same with Kelley, when it comes to making a super hero show he’s not the guy I want at the helm, not by a long shot.

• Damascus
          April 21, 2011 at 10:10 pm — Reply

Unrelated, but I thought Signs was a terrible piece of trash. I liked a few character pieces in it, but the internal logic didn’t make sense for me. Aliens who could travel through space but can’t open pantry doors, or that they specifically knew that water was deadly to them so they chose arid places to attack but didn’t realize that a huge portion of Earth is covered in water and that most of us have ready access to a hose or water bottle. Either way, back to your regularly scheduled rant against things we haven’t seen in action yet.

• March 2, 2011 at 11:00 am — Reply

Oh, come on. It’s a casting call sheet.

“Soldiers who appear to be on steroids” is NOT the same as “all soldiers are on steroids.” Soldiers in a superhero setting doesn’t even have to connote members of the military. They’re probably a goon squad for Doctor Cyber or some such. :)

• Ricco
      March 2, 2011 at 4:32 pm — Reply

Er… I hate the re-invention of the character in this show as much as the next guy (ok, several times more then the average guy), but the roid soldiers is the plotline of the pilot, so the casting is perfectly normal.

2. Turks
    March 2, 2011 at 10:55 am — Reply

ooohh i wanna try and get a part!

3. mosdef
    March 2, 2011 at 2:00 pm — Reply

i didnt even read what this post was about, all i saw was boobs.

• Ricco
      March 2, 2011 at 4:21 pm — Reply

LOL, same here I read that header then looked at the picture then the only thought that came out is “Wonder Bra”

• Brainlock
      March 2, 2011 at 6:56 pm — Reply

Holy Moley!
      Can I ask Michael Cudlitz to give her the name of the guy who took his mole off?

I finally got to see the Aquaman pilot recently and I could *NOT* stop staring at that thing.
      Besides, you know the Austin Powers “MMMOOOOOLLLEE!!!!!!” jokes are going to come fast and hard at her as Diana, the epitome of female perfection.

• March 2, 2011 at 8:09 pm — Reply

In that top, all you notice is the MOLE?

• Ricco
          March 2, 2011 at 9:35 pm — Reply

Holy crap, she has a face!

• Belmont
            March 2, 2011 at 10:14 pm — Reply

Well she needs to get with Jessica Simpson and have a Proactiv Solution party at the Playboy Mansion PPV or whatever other stuff that all the female stars and singers endorse now-a-days…..

4. Belmont
    March 2, 2011 at 9:42 pm — Reply

Sad to say like everything else have to keep it current to draw in the next generation just like Smallville. So I doubt they’ll have any goose-stepping Nazis for Wonder Woman to kick around. I guess the Skinheads are going to have be the standin, but knowing NBC I doubt it will be done.. I know they need to contact Ol’ Vince McMahon to get some of the wrestlers from the WWE to be the soldiers. As Melvin the Superhero Guy would say “I didn’t miss the Wonder Hooters!!!!!”