Marvel sent Major Spoilers a sneak peek of Herc #1 by Greg Pak, Fred Van Lente, and Neil Edwards.

HERC #1 (FEB110581)
Variant Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.

It’s an explosive opener taking place during the carnage of Fear Itself! Hercules has a new mission and a new code: take out the worst of the worst still walking the streets of the Marvel Universe…and always bring the big guns! But who’s first up on Herc’s hit list? And just what mythological weapons has he secreted away from the Ares’ personal arsenal to enact his revenge? Place your bets because it’s the world’s most seasoned warrior versus every member of Marvel’s criminal underground this April, only in Herc #1!

Herc #1 arrives April 06, 2011, and has a cover price of $3.99.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

REVIEW: Avengers Academy #9

TELEVISION: Ksenia Solo cast as the baddy-bad in Locke & Key

1. Rob
    February 22, 2011 at 11:39 am — Reply

At least Hercules isn’t just some dumb musclehead anymore. Busting out the Greek mythology is always popular.

2. CountBackwards
    February 22, 2011 at 11:48 am — Reply

Looks interesting, but is Herc just slaying people wholesale now?

3. Umbra
    February 22, 2011 at 12:24 pm — Reply

well, consider me interested, I’m liking where this could be going

4. TaZ
    February 22, 2011 at 12:33 pm — Reply

I like it. Hercules as a street-level badass instead of a pompous, womanizing party animal that (for some reason) talks exactly like Thor (who’s from a completely different “realm”). Like “Punisher” meets “Clash of the Gods” from the History Channel. It’s also ironic that he got these weapons from the armory of his “late” uncle Ares since Hercules in mythology tended to be as resourceful a demi-god as any. I’d say he’s a bit over-armed for a group of street thugs but I’m sure the series will be pitting him against some heavy-weights from the “Streets of Marvel”. This could work as a basis for a Hercules movie if the Avengers series does well, ne ce pas?

5. Smoothesuede
    February 22, 2011 at 1:14 pm — Reply

The cover really turned me off, and I’m getting weary of Fred Ven Lente’s writing, but this looked promising – so WHAT THE HEY. I’ll buy it.

6. Branlock
    February 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm — Reply

is every issue going to be $4 or just the first?
    if this is $4 a pop, I can wait for the trades, as Herc and Thor (main/#6xx) were the last Marvel titles for me and Hammer is about to drop.

Chaos War could have been handled in Incredible Herc, not it’s own non-event. If other NON-tie in titles even made mention of it, I have no clue. It seemed to me to be just the main book and a handful of extras, which I’m sure will be included in the trade. I only picked up the main title and Alpha Flight book, which, tbh, kinda soured me on continuing with ANY Marvel books. :/

7. Navarre
    February 23, 2011 at 7:32 am — Reply

He had his shield in the 4th panel but has his bow drawn in the 5th (and no sign of the shield). I guess he has the Quick Draw feat and only took a 5-foot step (still not sure where the shield went in panel 5).

It looks like a fun read.