Marvel has announced a brand new initiative called Big Shots that spotlights three ongoing series.  The first out of the gate is Moon Knight, which arrives in May.

…the Eisner Award-winning team of Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev as they delve deep into the psyche of the titular hero and embark on his greatest adventure yet.

Following that, the Punisher returns with a new number one issue that, according to the press release, “will have everybody talking.” I’m guessing you can fill in the rest of that thought.

Finally, Daredevil  (I thought he died a couple of months ago) returns, looking for his place in the world.

via Marvel

TOYS: X-Men: First Class Minimates revealed

Archie Sneak Peek: Sonic the Hedgehog #222

1. Obsidian
    February 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm — Reply

Is anyone else pretty annoyed with Marvel Editorial’s recent and frequent decisions to use T’Challa to play ringer when they decide they want “shake things up” (see Fantastic Four and now Daredevil).
    It’s as if all the character is good for is to hold the line for other characters when they need some “alone time.”

What’s next? He rules Atlantis while Namor decides to take a leisurely swim in an above ground pool?

• Obsidian
      February 17, 2011 at 2:44 pm — Reply

Yes. Inappropriate rant. But while I love the Black Panther, I resent that he’s being used as a place holder instead of being explored in his own right. I mean, fer cryin’ out loud! just give him his own book!

• TaZ
        February 17, 2011 at 3:11 pm — Reply

Actually, I’m in agreement with you on how Marvel has handled the Black Panther character. Having them basically write him out and put his sister in as a “new” Black Panther was awful and a blatant attempt to get more female characters out (see my earlier rant on “diversity by replacement”).

So what these new series are just attempts to restart what were two of the top Marvel titles at one point and one of the characters with the most potential (as long as he’s not written as a delusional, split personality Bruce Wayne rip-off) with “new directions”, “having everybody talking” and “finding their place in the world”. What the hell? Are these superheroes or are they going on the next episode of “Dr. Phil” on the OWN network???

2. Hardman
    February 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm — Reply

Didn’t Matt Murdock *JUST* die? So much for the Black Panther’s run as DD.

I expect Johnny Story to return by July.

• February 17, 2011 at 3:07 pm — Reply

He is not really dead, Matt Murdock is well alive – He just doesn’t want to be Daredevil anymore

• TaZ
        February 17, 2011 at 3:14 pm — Reply

Which, all things considered, should have been how they kept it.

3. theSuperAlbino
    February 17, 2011 at 4:54 pm — Reply

If the rumors are true of Brubaker and Lark on Punisher and Aaron on Daredevil then count me in!

4. Belmont
    February 18, 2011 at 12:16 am — Reply

I don’t know about the Punisher. I’ve gone from auto order to ordering or buying one at a time, even then bowing out on many story arcs, enjoyed Franken-Castle, but I’ll reserve judgement on this arc till the next Diamond Previews. I guess what I’m saying is for me Marvel has lost most of its magic so to speak….