FEAR ITSELF: Marvel Sneak Peek: The Book of the Skull

TRAILER: Thor: The Mighty Avenger

1. February 18, 2011 at 6:24 am — Reply

Anybody else think that the multiple hammers imply that we’re going to see a series of different Thor corps? Thor is the gawd of Thunder, so we should then see lightning, rain, earth, wind and fire, and then they’ll have to fight Loki who has the power of the Black Hammer Corps, and all the lost Norsefolk will arise with him, and finally, someone will have to find the power of the White Hammer to…

Naaah, that sort of thing would be ridiculous. Nobody in their right mind would think it’s a good idea to take a character and make thousands of alien knockoffs of him in different hues and call it a plot development, right?

• Julio
      February 18, 2011 at 6:36 am — Reply

SOLD!!! Then you can buy all the different hammers and collect them.

• February 18, 2011 at 9:08 am — Reply

Do the elemental hammers summon Captain Midgard when their powers combine?

• February 18, 2011 at 9:57 am — Reply

Damn, beat me too it. I’m totally getting a Brightest Day (or really any of the Green Lantern recent runs) vibe from these. What all the different hammers/groups have to do with “fear”, really doesn’t come across here at all, and the’ll have to pull out something impressive to pull away from the B.D. association.

• Noobian74
      February 18, 2011 at 2:24 pm — Reply

Shame on you. Elemental hammers. Tsk tsk…

There’ll be different hammers for each of the 9 worlds! Each wooden handle will be carved from the World Tree! Then, when it’s over, we can have spinoffs like Thor: Asgardians Lost or Thor: Asgardian Corps!

• Crash
      February 18, 2011 at 8:15 pm — Reply

Thunder, lightning, rain, earth, wind, and fire. Wasn’t that a music group? I’d totally pay money to see a Marvel group sing Got To Get You Into My Life.

2. February 18, 2011 at 8:23 am — Reply

Still don’t like Dracula’s armored look.

• February 18, 2011 at 9:11 am — Reply

I’m still struggling with Girl-Red Skull too.

3. steviecool
    February 18, 2011 at 9:13 am — Reply

Ugh. Now I love me some contest of champions. I do. But I’m still full of Asgard from last year.

4. Michael
    February 18, 2011 at 12:12 pm — Reply

Is it me or does Storm look zombified?

Still getting a rousing sense of “meh” from “FEAR ITSELF!”.

5. Luis Dantas
    February 18, 2011 at 8:13 pm — Reply

The eyes might be a light effec, but Storm’s arm looks a bit too thin, yes.

So that emo-styled being at the left is supposed to be Dracula? I was wondering who it might be.

• Michael
      February 18, 2011 at 10:10 pm — Reply

I’m looking at the face. It’s probably just the shading the artist is using for the top of the cheekbones/bottom of the eyes (I’m use to seeing Storm without pupils), cheeks, and mouth that combine to give her a zombie0like look to me.