It’s been confirmed that Cobie Smulders will play S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Maria Hill in the upcoming The Avengers movie from Marvel Studios.

Smulder’s deal would integrate her S.H.I.E.L.D agent character in nine films, as is typical for actors landing roles in Marvel’s pics. Character would work closely with Jackson’s Nick Fury, and eventually becomes the head of the espionage and law enforcement group.

You’ve probably seen Smulders in How I Met Your Mother on CBS, and if you followed the rumor mill back when Joss Whedon was working on Wonder Woman she was one of the contenders for the role.

via Variety

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger loves comics, and has for the last 10 years. His favorite books included Fables, Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Wonder Woman, and the Secret Six. Currently, Jack attends San Fernando Valley Community College, where he is studying film making.

MOVIE: Hobbit gets start date

FEAR ITSELF: Find out how it all begins

1. Casaloki
    February 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm — Reply

Robbin Sparkles to play in Capt.America? Oh poor Canada…….^^

2. February 8, 2011 at 4:20 pm — Reply

Oh please no…I love HIMYM, but I just can’t see her playing Maria Hill. Morena Baccaring would’ve been a better choice. Then again, I’m a Firefly fanboy.

3. Splicer261
    February 8, 2011 at 4:32 pm — Reply

I dunno why, but i can see her being perfect for Wonder Woman

4. Splicer261
    February 8, 2011 at 4:33 pm — Reply

looks wise that is, don’t know about acting, never saw How I Met your Mother

5. TaZ
    February 8, 2011 at 4:37 pm — Reply

Donna Troy, yes. Wonder Woman, nah.

However, it is interesting to have the Maria Hill character in the Avengers series. Support characters are what can make or break film franchises.

6. JacinB
    February 9, 2011 at 9:20 am — Reply

I like it.

I mean, I like her. I’m not sure how she’ll do with hard-ass Maria Hill, but this will give her the chance to show she’s got the acting chops to play outside the former Canadian pop star who wants to be the most successful woman TV journalist of all time and hear her father say “Robin, I’m proud of you, eh?” role she’s sort of been locked into …