Sony Online Entertainment and DC Entertainment have released a trailer for the for the first expansion of the DCU Online MMORPG.

Too bad I don’t have any time to play video games anymore. And it’s too bad Warner Bros. hasn’t seen the potential of taking these animatics and turning them into a full fledged movie. Now THAT would rock.

TOYS: Marvel Minimates series 38 - Shadowland edition

REVIEW: Mirrodin Besieged

1. OS Perry
    February 2, 2011 at 9:28 am — Reply

It would probably cost a mint to have Blur do a 2hour movie feature… but I’d be there on opening weekend… purchase on bluray etc. I think they’d spend a ton and make it all back on doing a 2 hour “cinematic”.

Wish… wish. :)

Very awesome animation… from an average reviewed title. I’ll be curious how the game improves with expansions and updates.

2. TaZ
    February 2, 2011 at 10:31 am — Reply

I would actually go to a theater for the first time in about 25 years to watch a full length film made by these guys. Then be first in line for the DVD or Blue-Ray.

3. February 2, 2011 at 10:51 am — Reply

Hopefully this first expansion irons out some of the complaints against the game. It looks like an awesome MMORPG, but I just don’t want another “City of Heroes” eating up my time.

4. Ceroth
    February 2, 2011 at 12:06 pm — Reply

The content I’m looking forward to is when they introduce The Legion of Super Heroes. I look forward to going into the 31st Century.

5. Matthew
    February 2, 2011 at 12:43 pm — Reply

ive considered getting this game. i hear its not all the hype says that it is. but damn these trailers are effective. if you have the game, what say you?

• Ceroth
      February 2, 2011 at 1:44 pm — Reply

I have the game and am enjoying the heck out of it. I have it for the PC and my computer does not seem to have any trouble running it. The graphics are amazing and the action is really cool. A game this new will have problems and some of them are kind of glaring, no chat function per se. But I’m sure they will iron them out as the game goes along. But I am really getting a lot of fun with it. I almost decided that I wasn’t going to get it but now I’m glad I did.

• websnap
      February 2, 2011 at 2:26 pm — Reply

I got the Game on PS3 and I had some issues connecting the first weekend, after that they fixed the servers and added some room “for it to breathe”… it’s been amazing ever since. So much fun… and I couldn’t stand traditional MMORPGs. It’s smooth, rich story and incredibly frustrating when you get your @ss handed to you… but in a “immediately click RETRY” kind of way. WHen I found out it was going to have a monthly cost, I almost didn’t buy it, but I haven’t enjoyed a game this much since Arkham asylum.

6. Splicer261
    February 2, 2011 at 4:43 pm — Reply

This is the kind of movie James Cameron needs to use his technology on..

“we can dream..we can dream…”

7. SkrullBryan
    February 2, 2011 at 8:21 pm — Reply

God, I hope this is actually the trailer for the next Batman &/or Superman movie.

8. Jinx33
    February 2, 2011 at 10:14 pm — Reply

I think you OS Perry hit the nail on the head. Maybe the Final Fantasy movies were not as successful as some of us would have liked, but I’d like to think that there is more of a market for this genre of film.

As far as the games goes, I canceled my subscription. I’m just not much of a button-masher type of gamer. But like OS Perry, I’ll be keeping an eye out on how it changes and improves with the expansions.

Either way, the story line unfolding in the DCU Online game is certainly intriguing. I wonder who wrote it. Hey Stephen, that might make a nice bit of trivia for the next episode of Major Spoilers.

• doctorfate77
      February 3, 2011 at 4:54 am — Reply

I believe Geoff Johns penned the story.

9. uhhhh what?
    February 7, 2011 at 1:31 pm — Reply

damn. forget the game. they should make a real movie out of this