The Dark Knight rises is set to start filming in May, and  the new Superman movie is scheduled to hit theaters in 2012.  Involved in both is Christopher Nolan.  He’s directing The Dark Knight, and producer for the Zack Snyder directed Superman.   Nolan is certainly H’wood’s golden child at the moment, but will his film brilliance work once again for two superhero films?

Which Christopher Nolan project are you more interested in seeing?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sneak Peek: Altar of Mortis

DC Comics Sneak Peek: Bird of Prey #9

1. Ricco
    February 1, 2011 at 10:58 am — Reply

Batman by far, Superman is dead to me.

2. Vamuli
    February 1, 2011 at 10:59 am — Reply

I know what I can expect from the next batman much more than the superman movie. Im still bit unsure about it. So I choose batman

3. litanyofthieves
    February 1, 2011 at 11:05 am — Reply

It’s not even really anything to do with Christopher Nolan, I’m just more excited about the Batman movie right now. Until we know more about the Superman movie I can’t really say how I feel about it.

4. Allen Jones
    February 1, 2011 at 11:07 am — Reply

I’ve already seen what he can do with Batman. I want to see what he can do with Superman, and if he can do what he did with Batman, reviatlize him and make him relevant again.

5. February 1, 2011 at 11:08 am — Reply

I really liked Batman Begins, but I am one of the very few who thought Dark Knight was over-long and over-hyped. I am also one of the few who genuinely liked Nolan’s Superman.

With that in mind, I expect to be one of the few who voted for Nolan’s Superman.

6. ColtPale
    February 1, 2011 at 11:49 am — Reply

Nolan’s Batman was good because he brought a level of realism to the hero not seen in past adaptations, something you can’t really do with a super-powered alien.

7. TaZ
    February 1, 2011 at 11:55 am — Reply

On film, Bruce Wayne is just a more interesting character to me than Supes. I’m not pre-judging the Superman movie but bringing that character to the screen and making it anything like the Superman mythos that I can relate to is extremely difficult for any director. Of course, I’m still having a hard time wiping “Superman Returns” from my memory. To paraphrase the old tag team of Edge and Christian, that film “reeked of suckiness”. The other factor is not just Nolan but Christian Bale’s portrayal of Bruce Wayne, which I thought was very good in the first two movies of that particular “Batman” series.

But if it’s good, I’ll enjoy it and be happy. I’m not a total “hater” after all…

8. Brian
    February 1, 2011 at 12:33 pm — Reply

For the same reasons that people picked Batman, I pick Superman. I’ve seen two Nolan Batman movies. I know what to expect. And what not to expect.

Nolan is producing Superman, but this is going to be the first movie he didn’t also get writing and directing credit that he’s producing, but it does look like he’ll get some sort of writing credit. Zach Snyder is directing it and he’s what I’m interested in seeing.

9. JoeM
    February 1, 2011 at 12:42 pm — Reply

In general Superman is more interesting to me than Batman. And, I know that I’m not in the majority here, seeing the announcement that Bane will be in the Batman movie dropped it from “Yeah, I’ll see it.” to “I’ll wait and see what the reviews look like.” Superman is still right up there at “I’ll see it!”

10. thedexter102
    February 1, 2011 at 1:32 pm — Reply

I put Batman but only becuase I would rather see somthing he directed.

In truth I’d rather see a project like Inception rather than a movie based on an exsisting product.

11. brenton8090
    February 1, 2011 at 1:49 pm — Reply

This is a great example of people preferring what they know to an entirely new idea. We’ve seen Nolan’s Batman and liked it, but we’re afraid of being disappointed by a new Superman.

Again.

Plus, it looks like he’ll be more Super-BOY, anyway.

12. Everan
    February 1, 2011 at 3:22 pm — Reply

Nolan’s Batman movies were good movies, but – in my opinion – not very good Batman adaptations. The attempt to make an extremaly unrealistic character realistic sucked half of fun out of him, to say nothing about the grim & gritty style. So I’ll go with Superman; I know what to expect when it comes to Nolan’s Batman, but about Superman I’m simply curious.

13. Spocktagon
    February 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm — Reply

We’ve seen Nolan’s Batman, and it’s good, if not great. Alas, we’ve kinda seen it before. Superman’s an unknown… will he stick with the gritty reboot thing he did with Bats? Or will he pay homage to the old Supes movies? There’s enough questions there to make the Superman movie more exciting for me.

14. silvergray
    February 1, 2011 at 7:12 pm — Reply

I’m more excited for Nolan’s take on Little Orphan Annie…
    (see… it’s funny cause its still comics… and not really happening, maybe.)