On sale next week is the next chapter of the Death of Oracle storyline playing out in DC Comics’ Birds of Prey.  The company released a sneak peek of the issue, that you can see after the jump.

BIRDS OF PREY #9
Written by GAIL SIMONE
Art by ARDIAN SYAF & VICENTE CIFUENTES
Cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU

The game-changing “Death of Oracle” storyline continues! Black Canary finally confronts her inner demons as the Calculator’s army and creepy new villainess Mortis take their ultimate revenge on Oracle. This massive story reverberates throughout Gotham City – and beyond.

via The Source

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Poll of the Week (POW!): Nolan Edition

Marvel teases the Mystery Men

1. TaZ
    February 1, 2011 at 11:58 am — Reply

I’m in.

2. Jude Deluca
    February 1, 2011 at 1:10 pm — Reply

On the matter of her mom and dad, and probably Sin, I can’t fault Black Canary. Green Arrow, I could care less about. But on the matter of how she handled Roy in Rise of Arsenal, let her squirm.

3. February 1, 2011 at 1:30 pm — Reply

Looks like a great story. Looking forward to it.

• TaZ
      February 1, 2011 at 1:43 pm — Reply

Agreed. I especially like the comments from Roy Harper and Oliver Queen in what appears to be this “soul-searching moment”. I never did like the fact that Black Canary turned her back on Oliver while he was in jail for nailing a homicidal mass-murderer between the eyes with an arrow. Of all people, she should have been the one person that understood the human drive for not just revenge, but “justice”.

• February 1, 2011 at 2:18 pm — Reply

I never really like it either when she walked away on Ollie when he really needed her. I like the pair of them working together. Neither seems quite as strong without the other. I’ll be interested to see if DC brings them back together.

• TaZ
          February 1, 2011 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Love seeing the Golden Age Black Canary and her PI hubby again, even for a moment. However, the Golden Age Canary didn’t wear a domino mask. She wore a blonde wig over her black hair.

• Alan
          February 4, 2011 at 1:05 am — Reply

Personally, I hated everything about Cry Justice. I can’t take Ollie seriously as a hero now that he’s become a cold-blooded executioner. I can’t take Roy as seriously as a hero now that he’s been emotional crippled by the murder of his daughter. You’d think DC would have learned after the murder of Arthur Jr. ruined Aquaman for decades that killing a child in a comic book crosses a moral event horizon from which most characters can’t recover.

• Sarcasm Kid
            February 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm — Reply

Until you kill them and bring them back.

4. ~wyntermute~
    February 1, 2011 at 6:58 pm — Reply

As much as I like Gail Simone, I lack trust in this ‘storyline’.

5. Luis Dantas
    February 1, 2011 at 9:04 pm — Reply

So many good artists around. BoP deserves better art.

6. brainypirate
    February 2, 2011 at 12:05 pm — Reply

On the cover–did the artist actually draw the curve of Hawk’s, um, “supporter”???

7. Damascus
    March 31, 2011 at 3:54 am — Reply

Hey, at least the cover to this one marks the first in a while that wasn’t just a picture of people in an action pose against a white background.