Aquafadas announces that it will soon release Comic Composer, the application used by AveComics Productions (www.avecomics.com) to create digital comics.
Since its launch in 2008, AveComics has become the leading Digital Comics Store in France and possibly Europe. In addition to the approx 1000 graphic novels, comics and mangas it, AveComics has created some quite unique productions such has :
- Johnny Cash : a biography of Johnny Cash enriched with songs directly taken from the iPod library
- Seoul district : a manwha mixing traditional drawing, video, sounds and contextual video bonuses
- Bludzee : a digital comics creation with Lewis Trondheim, based on a daily distribution model, and translated in 19 languages
Comic Composer has been the key software element used by AveComics since its launch. Aquafadas is thrilled to announce that its authoring tool will now be available to a larger audience and put creative power in the hands of comic authors and publishers.
The key features of Comic Composer are:
- the ability to author digital comics for a variety of platforms : iPhone, iPad, Web (big screens), other smartphones
- the ability to create animated paths, and various pan, zoom and transitions effects
- the ability to isolate portions of a page and create animations and transitions between them. Comic Composer supports rectangular and polygonal cut-outs
- full preview of the animations being created
- export an animated version of a comic to facebook or a blog
- export in AVE format, an advanced digital publishing format with full support for enrichments such as video, sound, localization…
- the ability to be distributed on the AveComics platform
Comic Composer runs on Mac and Windows.