Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Marvel Comics for April 2011 (Part 1)

Ed McGuinness returns to Hulk

1. Kirby
    January 18, 2011 at 1:12 pm — Reply

I’ll admit to not being super familiar with Man-Thing. However, I do know that during Alan Moore’s run of Swamp Thing, he became an landscape to beat a horde of vampires. And if his space hopping is any indication Swamp Thing is essentially unkillable.

2. Blackthunder01
    January 18, 2011 at 1:43 pm — Reply

I voted for Swamp Thing because I have his movie queed up in my Netflix. :)

Rather … I would have voted for him if it weren’t for the fact that everytime I clicked the Vote button it said “loading…” and just froze there. My job just downloaded some updates so maybe they’re causing problems.

• January 18, 2011 at 2:30 pm — Reply

My job just downloaded some updates so maybe they’re causing problems.

That is more than likely the culprit.

3. diagnull
    January 18, 2011 at 2:11 pm — Reply

Man-Thing is too weird to not love. Besides “Man-Thing”?
    Swamp Thing lost points for the movie…just because the scene with his little spindly arm growing back was too freaky.

4. brenton8090
    January 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm — Reply

Swamp Thing. Just for Alan Moore. I don’t know of a run of similar caliber on Man-Thing.

However, the Man-Thing movie is pretty hilarious. And there’s boobies.

5. Ricco
    January 18, 2011 at 3:52 pm — Reply

Man-Thing, you fear him? He burns you dead! Plus his design is a lot cooler.

6. SpiderLover
    January 18, 2011 at 5:09 pm — Reply

I wonted Swamp Thing because I know who that is, where as Im not sure what Man-Thing is.

7. January 18, 2011 at 6:06 pm — Reply

Man-Thing because jokes about Giant-Sized Swamp Things just aren’t funny.

8. Crash
    January 18, 2011 at 8:07 pm — Reply

Aren’t both of them like immortal or something?

• Ricco
      January 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm — Reply

Yes, but don’t point out logical stuff like that, this is after all, a popularity contest ;-)

9. Slappy
    January 18, 2011 at 8:41 pm — Reply

Swamp Thing. His photo is more flattering.

When you consider their powers as well as well as Alec Holland’s intellect still intact, it goes to Swanpy. The control Swamp hing has over any and all plant life alone would incapacitate Man-Thing.

10. Bill
    January 18, 2011 at 11:09 pm — Reply

Yeah but Man-Thing looks cooler and had a tussle with the Micronauts. (Does anyone, even Matthew remember the Micronauts?) And All those guys every talk about is DC (Wink) so I’m going with Man-Thing.

• diagnull
      January 19, 2011 at 8:56 am — Reply

I remember the Micronauts. I still have a few issues and plan on getting a ful run from ebay someday. Wish there was a trade but I suspect the licensing wouldn’t let that happen.

Micronauts would be a great topic for a future podcast!

11. litanyofthieves
    January 19, 2011 at 11:32 am — Reply

I went with Swamp Thing purely for the John Constantine connection. I keep meaning to read that Alan Moore run, but I still haven’t got around to it.