Marvel has announced that the complete first issue of Abnett and Lanning’s Heroes for Hire #1 will be printed (at no additional cost) in Avengers #10 that arrives February 23, 2011.

“We want to give our fans the most Marvel value for their comic buying dollar in 2011.” said Senior Vice President of Sales, David Gabriel. “Adding the first issue of Heroes for Hire to one of our top titles, for free, is the best opportunity for fans and retailers to spread the word about a book that we just can’t seem to keep in stores for people to try.”

Avengers #10 is written by Brian Michael Bendis, with art by John Romita Jr. has a cover price of $3.99.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Toronto Comic Con announces guests

On the Next Major Spoilers Podcast: Aphrodite IX

1. January 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm — Reply

Wow. Avengers #10 is gonna suck so bad they have to put HfH #1 in there to sell it. ;p

2. Pantsthemonkey
    January 17, 2011 at 3:16 pm — Reply

That’s nice of them to give me a free issue that I bought a month ago. Then again, it’s free so I can’t complain much I guess.

3. ~wyntermute~
    January 17, 2011 at 3:42 pm — Reply

I’m so “off” Avengers (until JRjr is done with it) they could offer me a life-size blow-up Silver Sable doll and i’m still gonna pass it up. I’m just sayin… :)

4. January 17, 2011 at 6:08 pm — Reply

It’s good to see this level of dedication to a concept, but it makes me worry that H4H is tanking hard…

5. Crash
    January 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm — Reply

I’m curious if they are doing this because Heroes for Hire is doing so bad or because Avengers is doing bad? Personally I haven’t read the new Heroes for Hire yet but this current Avengers title has been horrible.

6. January 18, 2011 at 9:56 am — Reply

Hey! Where are the white and black lanterns?? Isn’t this a crossover with the rainbow lanterns? ;)

I have no idea what is going on with this title though, but i did kind of like JRjr’s work on the Xmen back in the day. Did he take a turn for the worse with this?