Diamond Comic Distributors is returning to Chicago for its Annual Retailer Summit with a full range of activities dedicated to a single question focus: What can comic book retailers and suppliers do to attract new customers and expand their customer base?
“Last year’s event, which we held in conjunction with ReedPOP’s C2E2 show, was extremely successful and we gladly accepted their suggestion to host this year’s event,” said Diamond’s VP-Marketing Roger Fletcher. “What better venue to talk shop and have fun than in Chicago with C2E2?”
This year’s Diamond Retailer Summit: Connecting with New Customers will be held as a two-day event, March 17-18, right before the opening of C²E², and will also move to the Chicago McCormick Place Convention Center, the same venue as the C²E² Show and Exhibit Hall. Plans call for the Summit to kick off with Retailing Workshops, Publisher Focus Groups, and an Opening Night Reception on March 17. A Keynote Breakfast with Platinum sponsor presentations is slated for Friday, March 18.
Summit Attendees will also enjoy complimentary admission for the entire run of the C2E2 Show, which starts with the Professional Only Preview on Friday, March 18th from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and runs through Sunday, March 20th. Summit attendees will receive a valuable “coupon book” good for limited edition items, raffles, and sales—all redeemable by visiting select suppliers on the show floor during the Professional Only Preview hours.
“We are proud to have our partners and Diamond bringing a retailer summit back to C2E2 again in 2011,” said Lance Fensterman, Vice President of ReedPOP. “Supporting the direct market is of critical importance to us. We aim to be more than a major fan and media event and our mission has always been to grow the business to business side of our con by providing substantive value. The affiliation that we are now establishing with the Diamond Retailer Summit at C2E2 will provide even more value to our customers and it is a terrific show of support on the part of Diamond.”
Summit Registration is only $45 for retailers and others interested in attending the trade only event. Retailers can visit the Diamond Retailer Summit website at http://summits.diamondcomics.com for more information and to pre-register.
ADDITIONAL 2011 TRADE EVENTS
“In addition to the Chicago Retailer Summit, Diamond plans to keep a busy 2011 trade show schedule at other events to meet retailers,” added Fletcher. “It’s our goal to interact with all of our retailers who attend both trade and comic convention events and we look forward to meeting them at these shows.”
• ComicsPRO Annual Meeting (February 10-12)—An annual sponsor, Diamond will be on hand to meet retailers and present to the retailer members of ComicsPRO.
• Emerald City Comic-Con (March 4-6)—Diamond’s first visit to this growing regional show, Diamond staff will be on hand to meet with retailers and customers.
• Wonder-Con (March 4-6)—Diamond will be set up with its PREVIEWSworld booth and Diamond’s Outside Sales Reps will be on hand to meet with retailers and comic shop customers.
• Comic-Con International: San Diego (July 20-24)—Diamond will be set up with its PREVIEWSworld booth and will host a trade only retailer event during the show.
• WizardWorld Chicago (August 11-14)—Diamond’s heads back to Chicago for a second visit with Windy City retailers and customers.
• Baltimore Comic-Con (August 20-21)—Diamond will host a Retailer event and will be on the show floor with its PREVIEWSworld booth.
• Alliance Open House (October 9-10)—Diamond’s sister company, Alliance Game Distributors, will hold its traditional Open House event for game shop specialty retailers at the Grand Wayne Center in Ft Wayne, IN.
• New York Comic-Con (October 14-16)—Diamond’s annual NY Retailer Breakfast will kick off the show before the opening of the professional hours. Diamond will also be exhibiting with its PREVIEWSworld booth during the show.
ABOUT DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS (DCD)
Diamond is at the nexus of comics and pop culture merchandise. Based in Baltimore, MD, DCD is the world’s largest distributor of English-language comic books and pop-culture related merchandise, servicing more than 4,000 specialty retailers worldwide. For more information, visit Diamond on the web at www.diamondcomics.com.