MODOK is one of those characters that has always freaked me the F**K out.  A giant head, with tiny arms, and a rocket strapped to his ass, are the makings of nightmares that plagued me for years when I was in my early teens.  Now Marvel has cranked the creep factor up to 11 with the reveal that MODOK got a set of spider legs for Christmas thanks to Gabriel Hardman with input from Jeff Parker.

Looking at Hardman’s designs, the most striking addition is easily M.O.D.O.K.’s creepy spider-like legs. “There will be a modular aspect to his armor that we haven’t seen before,” Hardman teased.

“It’s a new age, and we need a new M.O.D.O.K. who works in new ways,” added Parker. “This one will get out and interact in a way the previous model didn’t. And he’s a bit of a charmer.”

I now know why I need to down a handle before I go to be every night…

Hulk #29 goes on sale February 2, 2011.

via Marvel

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger loves comics, and has for the last 10 years. His favorite books included Fables, Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Wonder Woman, and the Secret Six. Currently, Jack attends San Fernando Valley Community College, where he is studying film making.

DC Sneak Peek: Brightest Day #17

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Brian Chan

1. Blackthunder01
    January 4, 2011 at 9:48 am — Reply

He looks like a “mini me” version of Mojo.

2. Xybec Katta
    January 4, 2011 at 10:54 am — Reply

What ever happened to M.O.D.O.G.? I remember them making a big deal about the redesign and the name change. Personally, I like the old M.O.D.O.K.

3. Slappy
    January 4, 2011 at 11:28 am — Reply

Is he now going to be the big bad at the end of a Superman movie written by Kevin Smith?

4. January 4, 2011 at 12:24 pm — Reply

Personally, I prefer the old version.

5. Christian
    January 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm — Reply

So basically Chang Tzu/ Egg-Fu (52 version) with dangling legs?

6. gilberto nieves
    January 4, 2011 at 11:55 pm — Reply

the love child of doc ock and mojo. i agree with MaximusRift and Xybec Katta. i like the old M.o.d.o.k. if it’s not broke don’t mess with it. now if this is the old M.o.d.o.k with an enhanced mobile chair that still flies but can also move via the legs, i might be interested but if new character, not for me, no thanks.