If you aren’t old enough to have seen the Star Wars Christmas Special on television when it originally aired, then you are either A) incredibly lucky, or B) incredibly lucky.  The horrible show has made its way to bootlegged DVD and VHS tapes over the years, and though many have had it in their hands, still sitting through the event can be vomit inducing.

Someone out there made it through the whole thing, and then took the time to boil it down to five minutes of the best parts of the special – and yes, it does include Bea Arthur singing. Or maybe it doesn’t… I still can’t bring myself to watching more than 30 seconds…

Thanks for the tip, Cameron!

Propworx and NBC Universal Television team for Caprica auction

BOOM! Studios Sneak Peek of the Week

1. SkrullBryan
    January 1, 2011 at 4:10 pm — Reply

All I remembered about this was how disappointed I was when it aired. Still, it is better paced than Episode One.

2. January 2, 2011 at 3:55 am — Reply

If this is the one with Chewbacca’s kid i absolutely refuse to watch it. It’s been about thirty years since i saw it on tv and the thought of it still makes me queasy!

3. Frank
    January 2, 2011 at 10:38 am — Reply

I actually saw the original broadcast (What can I say, I was 14 and Star Wars crazy). The only thing I remembered about it was the animated sequence with Boba Fett.

When I watched it again recently, the only thing notable was Harvey Korman in drag. Even that is not worth the trouble.

4. RedneckTaZ
    January 2, 2011 at 5:29 pm — Reply

I mind-wiped that show from my memory years ago, a’la MIB. I do think that it’s funny that it gets mentioned each year in the “Sally Forth” daily comics strip by her uber-geek husband.

5. January 2, 2011 at 9:23 pm — Reply

Oh Jesus, it’s even worse than i remembered! And then there’s Maude!

6. Slappy
    January 3, 2011 at 4:33 am — Reply

Don’t talk smack about Bea Arthur. She was in her prime and hotter than the sun!!!!!!!!

7. January 3, 2011 at 8:32 am — Reply

There is a rifftrax for this one, me and a bunch of my friends watched the whole thing a year or two ago. It’s probably the only way to make it through, i seriously almost passed out laughing so hard, part at the riffs and part how just plain bizarre the whole show was. ;)

• January 3, 2011 at 12:00 pm — Reply

“I wonder what the rest of the Keebler Elves thought when this guy told them what he really wanted to do with his life.”

• Damascus
      March 20, 2011 at 7:03 pm — Reply

I have a copy of it here with the RiffTrax added in. Half of the fun of it is that you can watch it with the original commercials added in. I’m not positive why they’re so funny, but they are.

8. chillidawg72
    January 5, 2011 at 1:52 am — Reply

Damn you Major Spoilers for making me remember! I feel like I want to throw up.