Don’t confuse this trailer with the Skyline, or the upcoming Battle: Los Angeles, this trailer is for the upcoming Steven Spielberg television series Falling Skies coming your way from TNT.

FALLING SKIES opens in the chaotic aftermath of an alien attack that has left most of the world completely incapacitated. In the six months since the initial invasion, the few survivors have banded together outside major cities to begin the difficult task of fighting back. Each day is a test of survival as citizen soldiers work to protect the people in their care while also engaging in an insurgency campaign against the occupying alien force.

Falling Skies arrives in June 2011.

The Originals return to Moonstone Books

Marvel Sneak Peek: Age of X: Alpha #1

1. Dboy Mugg
    December 30, 2010 at 9:51 am — Reply

By the trailer, I dont know if Im willing to label it “EPIC” just yet. It almost seems a bit campy to me, but being that Noah Wyle is in it Ill probably give it a whirl. Im not too keen on the Predator-esque targeting system being jacked either. That made me roll my eyes.

• @lantis
      December 30, 2010 at 9:56 am — Reply

The targeting system didn’t look Predator-esque to me, looked like a laser sight coming from multiple angels.

2. @lantis
    December 30, 2010 at 9:54 am — Reply

Looks like a series I’ll have to give a chance. A survival tale is best done in a long format so a television series is optimal. I guess with the success of Walking Dead other networks want a series with a similar feel.

• December 30, 2010 at 11:49 am — Reply

Yeah, it’s a good “similar but different” approach, glad they didn’t just do slightly differnet zombies.

3. Brian Duff
    December 30, 2010 at 1:19 pm — Reply

Could have just made a Half-Life based TV series. But I guess this will do. I’ll at least give it a chance, but to call it “Epic”…. that’s just marketing for ya. Because anything on a global scale or larger now is considered “Epic”.

4. Randallw
    December 30, 2010 at 5:19 pm — Reply

The idea I got was that it was leaping straight into what the next season of 5 should be like, following the human resistance after the aliens take over.

5. Randallw
    December 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm — Reply

by 5 I mean V. I must have been thinking in latin :)

6. December 31, 2010 at 2:59 am — Reply

Looks like it’s worth checking out, but releasing the trailer six months before the thing comes out seems like overkill.