AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! The digging up the Smurfs and putting them on the big screen may sound like a great idea, but after seeing the latest image of the little blue creatures in Central Park creeps the hell out of me.

I was way too young to watch the Smurfs animated series when it originally aired, but I’m familiar enough to know most of the characters in the above image. I’ve never seen Mutton-Chop Smurf before, so hopefully he’s the breakout character from the movie, and not a really bad stereotype.

What am I saying… of course he’s going to be a really bad stereotype.

The Smurfs movie arrives in August 2011.

via MTV

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger loves comics, and has for the last 10 years. His favorite books included Fables, Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Wonder Woman, and the Secret Six. Currently, Jack attends San Fernando Valley Community College, where he is studying film making.

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

Marvel Super Heroes: What The--?! Holiday Edition

1. seneca
    December 23, 2010 at 11:16 am — Reply

My money says the guy with mutton chops is hefty smurf. The mutton chops make it easier to pick him out of a crowd of other blue shorties.

2. Rodrigo
    December 23, 2010 at 11:42 am — Reply

um… muttonchop smurf is wearing a kilt. This already looks pretty bad, especially because Scottish accents were the new funny accents… eight years ago.

3. diagnull
    December 23, 2010 at 12:01 pm — Reply

OK, so going from right to left: Brainy Smurf, Scottish Smurf, Paris Hilton Smurf, Santa Smurf, Douchebag Smurf, and Dude-I’m-So-High-Right-Now Smurf. Got it.

• December 23, 2010 at 2:17 pm — Reply

You win the Internet for that last one.

4. Kersimus
    December 23, 2010 at 12:21 pm — Reply

He’s just one of Prattchet’s Nac Mac Feegle that got lost.

5. Oni
    December 23, 2010 at 1:22 pm — Reply

John Oliver (british guy from the daily show) is Vanity Smurf. He has a great podcast called “The Bugle” that is my favorite friday podcast.

6. Alisha Mynx
    December 23, 2010 at 2:28 pm — Reply

They came. They saw. They smurfed.

7. Ricco
    December 23, 2010 at 5:14 pm — Reply

Which one is Chronic Masturbator Smurf?

• Robbie
      December 23, 2010 at 8:14 pm — Reply

Brainy. They say that makes ya go blind….

8. Yaksha
    December 23, 2010 at 5:54 pm — Reply

there is no Mutton-Chop Smurf so it’s probably Hefty Smurf

They are all look alike and maybe they designed him with a scottish look that remember the traditional games there.

What I find strange is that Smurfs are living in the Middle Aged time so why put them in modern world?

By the way : \m/ Belgium comics rocks \m/

• Jeff
      December 25, 2010 at 1:56 am — Reply

Kilt Smurf has pecs – my money says he’s Hefty.

• seneca
      December 26, 2010 at 7:45 pm — Reply

As in the cartoon thier problems usually are because of Gargamels magic and they are usually resolved with poppa smurfs magic. In fact I mentioned that fact to someone who was anti-harry potter because he used witchcraft. I asked if they liked the smurfs and they said that was a wholesome show for kids, and I reminded them that poppa smurf always solved thier problems by concocting some spell.

9. Graham
    December 24, 2010 at 12:50 am — Reply

I really, REALLY, want to punch whoever thought of this in the face!

• Brian Duff
      December 24, 2010 at 9:24 am — Reply

You punch them in the face, I’ll punch them in the place so that they won’t be able to spread their demon-seed upon this Earth anymore…

• Peruchito
        December 24, 2010 at 3:00 pm — Reply

and i will kick them while they down. sheesh, hollywood needs to be nuked. someone reboot hollywood

• Alisha Mynx
      December 24, 2010 at 7:51 pm — Reply

Until I see this movie, I still think the worst Smurfs thing ever was that UNICEF or whatever ad made with permission of the rights holders of Smurfs where they get bombed and they are surrounded by destruction and dead smurfs.

10. Damascus
    March 19, 2011 at 12:31 pm — Reply

I guess I just feel like the whole thing about being pulled from your fantasy/cartoon world to the real world thing has been done already. Why can’t a Smurfs movie come out that has them set in a more medieval style setting and go at it straightforward? Do we have to introduce some young children that have to help the Smurfs get home? Will David the Gnome show up and transport them home on his fox? Which might be difficult since David and his wife are dead now.