The second half of Star Wars: The Clone Wars returns to the Cartoon Network on January 7, 2011, and we’ve found the teaser trailer!  The one thing I will say is make sure you watch the final 10 seconds of the video.

Everyone has speculated what would happen to Ahsoka Tano if this series was to fit in with the rest of the Star Wars universe, and we might get to see it happen before the end of the season.  It’s an interesting turn if it is true, though I think there are some (my son) who will be sad to see her turn to the dark side… or die.

Time for rampant speculation!

28 Days of Geek Giving: Marvel Etched Glasses

Spawn hits issue #200 in style

1. Sock3263827
    December 15, 2010 at 12:24 pm — Reply

Ohhh boy. My 3 year old daughter has just latched onto Ahsoka as the coolest girl in the world. Might have to start the “everybody can change” speech that my son needed a couple of years ago when he saw Ep. 3…

2. December 15, 2010 at 12:42 pm — Reply

Wait… is that a young Yoda at the 0:42 mark?

• December 15, 2010 at 5:39 pm — Reply

No, I think that’s Even Piell, he’s a Lannik

• December 16, 2010 at 1:31 pm — Reply

Just looked him up… yeah, that’s the guy. Looked kinda green in the trailer, though.

3. JacinB
    December 15, 2010 at 1:21 pm — Reply

I thought she was one of the Padawans and younglings killed when Anakin turned.

Admittedly, I have made a point to limit my exposure to the prequels, but I distinctly remember a scene where the other Jedi are watching the slaughter and a character that looks a lot like her is pleading with Anakin (which I would expect from her, given their relationship) before he cuts her down.

Is that not how her story ends?

4. Rob
    December 15, 2010 at 1:34 pm — Reply

if my memory is right that is Queil. Could be an interesting turn in the series. can’t wait to see what happens.

5. Bob
    December 15, 2010 at 2:24 pm — Reply

Hope she doesn’t go bad as it is out of character for her. Know she will probably be killed off eventually but she is the heart of she show and is more interesting than Anakin or Obiwan.

6. Ricco
    December 15, 2010 at 3:18 pm — Reply

There was no way her story was gonna end on a happy note, she was dead the moment she was made Anakin’s padawan.

• Alisha Mynx
      December 16, 2010 at 4:44 pm — Reply

Maybe she gets frozen in carbonite. She’d make a lovely caf table in an upper-middle class Coruscant apartment. Table and conversations starter in ONE!!

7. December 16, 2010 at 8:07 am — Reply

She’s the biggest Mary Sue ever. Sadly, there is an endless supply of Mary Sues in video games and fan fictions so she won’t be missed.

• December 16, 2010 at 8:36 pm — Reply

Sorry, biggest Mary Sue goes to River Song from the new Doctor Who. I know that’s going to get me hate, but damn, she fits it to a freaking T.

• Umbra
      December 17, 2010 at 12:35 pm — Reply

Though the character is male, I feel Finn Galfridian from the Star Wars: Invasion comic series is far, far worse, its ridiculous.

8. justanothergeek
    December 16, 2010 at 3:05 pm — Reply

I don’t think she was turned to the Dark Side in the end of the trailer as much as she was turned into something.

9. Zman
    December 21, 2010 at 12:05 am — Reply

She doesn’t have to die. The ending that I think should happen is that she leaves the jedi after turning evil and has Master Yoda erase her from the databank and the minds of those connectted to her. Seems a little too much for Yoda but still I think she should live for possible extension of her story. You could end up going into a Luke Skywalker show off of this featuring after the end of the empire. I don’t know but I am pretty sure that Lucas is going to make another series if not a movie. Star Trek has movies left and right, (sorry to those who hate it but honestly it’s pretty good). I am dissapointed that we haven’t seen another live movie. It would be cool if instead of ending Ahsoka in the cartoon, if they do kill her, kill her on a live action film instead.

10. Damascus
    March 17, 2011 at 2:22 am — Reply

I just have a hard time endorsing anything from Star Wars that is non-canonical. Granted, I only consider 4, 5, and 6 to be canon, but what are you gonna do? Everything else just feels kind of like Fanfic anyway. I know a lot of people won’t like this and really get into this stuff, but unless Lucas puts his full stamp of approval on it and says that it really happened then it can all be wiped away if he feels like doing something different. It’s much the same as my reluctance to buy into some comic storylines because they’ll be retconned later, but still, I have a hard time reading all the Star Wars books and peripheral material. That and I’ve really tried to watch Clone Wars, and the visual style is really not for me and I just find it to be a real chore to watch it. I’m definitely not saying anyone who does get into it is stupid or anything, this is only me and how the material appears to me alone. I did really dig the book that focused on the Bounty Hunters that Vader hired to capture Han Solo and Luke. I’d probably watch that if it were made into a movie. I have also read the Shadow of the Empire book too (I think that’s the name), but again when the toys came out based on the book I wouldn’t buy them because they didn’t exist within the Star Wars movie chronology or canon.