Yes, Dear Reader, there is a new Spider-Man costume on the way…

Peter Parker may have hit the Big Time, but that hasn’t stopped new villains from terrorizing Manhattan. What kind of foe would prompt Spider-Man to suit up in this high-powered costume?

The new costume debuts in Amazing Spider-Man #656 from Dan Slott and Marcos Martin.

Where is Humberto Ramos!?

via Marvel

The Lone Ranger to avenge the death of Zorro!?

FCBD'11: Commemorative T-shirt announced

1. Ricco
    December 15, 2010 at 8:55 am — Reply

It most be some bad-ass super villain, because I wouldn’t wear that to save my life, that is one ugly costume…

2. Obsidian
    December 15, 2010 at 9:23 am — Reply

That costume is pretty ugly, I must say… it looks like tights with holes in them pulled over chain mail… where’s his +2 Mace?

• Alisha Mynx
      December 15, 2010 at 10:13 am — Reply

Spidey cannot wield a +2 Mace, he doesn’t have the proficiency.

However, he can wear a +4 Paper Bag. I would if I were in that costume.

• December 15, 2010 at 12:38 pm — Reply

Spiderman is definitely a Rogue. In 4e he’s an Aerialist Rogue.

3. December 15, 2010 at 9:42 am — Reply

Since the review by Stephen of the perfect jumping on point, I finally grabbed a copy of Spidey, for the first time in my life. I’ve never been into spidey, and I just bother reading it from what I’ve seen and heard from friends… so I took the chance, and I am really enjoying it. Along with the new spider-girl, I am enjoying these. Thanks Stephen

4. JacinB
    December 15, 2010 at 9:43 am — Reply

Why does he need this new suit? Why not just go back to the Iron Spider armor? Couldn’t the Stark Spider-suit do pretty much everything?

5. Peruchito
    December 15, 2010 at 10:54 am — Reply

peter parker comes out of the closet

6. RavenKDM
    December 15, 2010 at 11:30 am — Reply

They said that with Big Time, it will be Dan Slott writing and three artists rotating story arcs. It was going to be Humberto Ramos, Marcos Martin, and Steve Casselli (probably spelled that wrong). So we’ll get more of that fantastic Humberto Ramos spiderman soon enough. Been loving the changes, but not a fan of the armor. I will say though based on Slott’s past spidey work, I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

7. Brother129
    December 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm — Reply

I’m thinking about Pulp Fiction for some reason…

8. Walking Dead
    December 15, 2010 at 1:41 pm — Reply

this is just plain horrible

9. brainypirate
    December 15, 2010 at 2:37 pm — Reply

What happened to his crotch? Did he lose his genitals? Those yellow lines shouldn’t be so straight over his privates!

• Ricco
      December 15, 2010 at 3:20 pm — Reply

He’s wearing an armored jockstrap.

• brainypirate
        December 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm — Reply

Those two lines down his scrotum are like the landing-strip pattern women get when they wax their privates — the fact that they go directly to his butt makes it look like a treasure-trail for anal sex! :eek:

10. TheNewNum.2
    December 15, 2010 at 6:45 pm — Reply

Nevermind his jock strap, what on earth is on his head?

11. ntoniosanciolo
    December 15, 2010 at 6:50 pm — Reply

ah, I remember when the Matrix came out and everything pop culture homaged the Matrix… I think it’s tron time now, no?

12. December 15, 2010 at 7:50 pm — Reply

I think they liked the idea of the Tron covers so much that they just kept on going.

13. ~wyntermute~
    December 16, 2010 at 1:19 am — Reply

Spider-Tron, Spider-Tron!!! Does whatever a.. Spidertron does!!

14. Smoothesuede
    December 16, 2010 at 5:55 am — Reply

We all know this is a temporary thing. The man’s gone damn near 70 years without a serious, lasting costume change, and that’s not ending with #656; I can all but guarantee it.
    That in mind, the new armored look has me intrigued. Why has it come about? I can’t wait to find out more.

15. JoeM
    December 16, 2010 at 3:04 pm — Reply

Ha! My first thought was Spider-Man/Mysterio. The highlights? Reflections? whatever, they looked like the Mysterio gas swirly thingies.

16. Crash
    December 18, 2010 at 8:02 pm — Reply

If memory serves me the last time spidey changed costumes simply to tackle one enemy it was his Electro costume. Hopefully this one lasts longer than that one did.