Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: The chase is on, so it’s back to school to seek help.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_78.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Critical Hit T-Shirt Four Against the Void is over, but you can commemorate the trials and triumphs of the Torqueltones with the Critical Hit Season One Limited Edition T-Shirt. This classy, red armor-slot item features the likenesses of Orem, Randus, Torq and Smith! The season one shirt is perfect for a night on the town, gaming with friends, or facing down aberrant, poly-dimensional god-beings. (Funnelcakes and healing potions not included, Major Spoilers not responsible for excessive levels of awesome.)

This is your chance to own a piece of Critical Hit History, because once these shirts are gone, they’re gone for good.

Orders for this item end December 15, 2010. Order today and make each of YOUR rolls a Critical Hit!

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Major Spoilers Podcast #262: General Comic Talk

REVIEW: New Avengers #7

1. Rob
    December 11, 2010 at 12:51 pm — Reply

Another great episode!

2. Graham
    December 11, 2010 at 3:44 pm — Reply

Best episode of the season 3. It reminded me of when the Death Eaters attacks Hogwarts.

3. TheNewNum.2
    December 11, 2010 at 5:40 pm — Reply

I completely agree with Matthew’s outburst / laughing fit. If I was the Dean and Orem lead with his aww, shucks… I’m sorry your nice University is burning down and there’s dead people in pieces over there, I wouldn’t have let Orem finish either.

But we love Orem, he’s the asshat with a heart of gold.

• Ricco
      December 11, 2010 at 11:58 pm — Reply

Orem is a great character, he’s got that “meh, what’re you wanna do” approach when he’s done something wrong that just screams punch me in the face, but he’s nice enough that people don’t (Torq standing next to him probably helps). The way Stephen plays him is so much fun! He might be new to D&D but he’s certainly capable of roleplaying his character, the way he made Orem racist towards elves or how he didn’t even try to talk his way out of trouble when cofronted by the dean like he has before, that’s just great stuff.

• TheNewNum.2
        December 12, 2010 at 3:09 pm — Reply

Exactly, the way Stephen plays Orem is priceless… which is why I don’t blame Matthew for bursting out laughing. I did the same thing. Although if I was Rodrigo I wouldn’t have let him off the hook so easily.

4. TorontoFrog
    December 13, 2010 at 9:41 am — Reply

Awesome episode again. I listen it while I was jogging under the snow and it made me forget the shitty weather. Always good fun. Just a comment here. The average a DnD group stays together is way under the span the Torqeltones have been together. The fun and complicity they create is awesome. Stay with your group guys, even if it suck at first (which was not the case for this podcast), because it can become all sort of awesome.

5. Jason
    December 13, 2010 at 3:37 pm — Reply

I can’t believe Matthew got a “Court Jester” reference in there! I thought my wife and I were the only people born after 1960 who knew that movie existed. Danny Kaye at his finest!…. oh, and the rest of the podcast was great as well. As always.

6. NonCharon
    December 16, 2010 at 3:30 pm — Reply

On the tile sets… my understanding is that the intent was to make the boxes large enough for tiles from other sets to be stored in them. I have two copies of “Harrowed Halls” that fit nicely in the same box as the dungeon set. (granted, I keep all the 3D elements in a separate box to make it easier to find them)

Great podcast guys. I’ve been listening for about a year now. I listen to you guys when I’m doing mundane data entry type stuff at work. Really entertaining, and has given me more than one idea for my campaign. :)

7. December 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm — Reply

lol that was funniest ever. yay for 3/4 orc funnys

8. 0Johnny0
    December 17, 2010 at 3:42 pm — Reply

Can someone toss me the link for the catg site, that Rob mentions in a few of the podcasts. I think i am misunderstanding the pronunciation.

• Rob (fka Smith)
      December 18, 2010 at 3:08 pm — Reply

Here ya go, http://www.cattg.org/index.php.

The double “T” throws everyone off. Collegiate Association of TableTop-Gamers

9. AxiomaticBadger
    December 18, 2010 at 7:24 am — Reply

Wait, it’s an Architecture University? And the building “doesn’t” rearrange itself according to the dean’s will? What kind of screwy school is this?
    They’ve got a lot of nerve bashing on the Caerulian Academy.

Incidently, if it’s the Caerulian Academy of Music, would that be the kind of music that features cannons and explosions as instruments? ’cause I could get behind that.

• TheNewNum.2
      December 28, 2010 at 2:36 am — Reply

I think there was a Bugs Bunny cartoon shot at the Caerulean Academy of Musically Exploding Boomage. But CH is funnier.

10. Sefious
    July 23, 2011 at 11:42 pm — Reply

Haha, I quite enjoyed the questions at the end of this episode, especially regarding “The Church and role playing… it can happen”. As a pastor I play this game, in fact I meet with a bunch of other pastor type people and play with them, I even think it’d be cool to get a DnD youth group going if the right happenstance occured, so yeah regarding your comment, “it could happen”? more appropriately, “why wouldn’t it happen?”

Lovin’ the podcasts still, keep it up

11. Billy
    September 13, 2011 at 6:54 pm — Reply

I rewound Matthew’s outburst of laughter multiple times. Really funny. It’s either Randis or Orem who have the unwitting hilarious lines. Sure it made poor ole Stephen feel like a dork, but that’s part of the D&D dork experience. :-D Good stuff!