Press Release

Wolverine. Psylocke. The Punisher. Hulk. Deadpool. Five of Marvel’s deadliest heroes will come to the fore this March for a series unlike any other in 5 RONIN.  Bound together by the same fate, yet alone in their existence, they are forced to walk the lonely path of the masterless samurai in the violent and tumultuous world of feudal Japan.

Crafted by acclaimed writer Peter Milligan and a rotating cast of today’s hottest artists, 5 RONIN #1-5 is a month-long event with covers from some of the biggest names in the industry. To celebrate the release of this series, retailers will have the opportunity to order two different covers per issue – one by superstar artist David Aja and one by another industry favorite.

“What would the ultimate samurai super hero epic look like? The answer is 5 RONIN” explains Editor Sebastian Girner. “When we came up with the idea of taking our biggest heroes and setting them in this time period, writer Peter Milligan and the amazingly talented cast of artists immediately jumped on board. This is easily one of the most beautiful comics you will read this year.”

Each of the 5 seeks revenge, but against whom? And what powerful secret connects these lone warriors? 5 RONIN will examine the true face of Marvel’s most solitary characters against a majestic — and bloodstained — backdrop.

via Marvel

Marvel Comics

Marvel Comics

Sexy Boba Fett cosplay is sexy

TRAILER: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

1. December 8, 2010 at 5:13 pm — Reply

I’m actually a tad bit interested. Just a tad.

2. Antonio Sanciolo
    December 8, 2010 at 7:20 pm — Reply

that punisher cover is just damn smart

3. December 8, 2010 at 8:03 pm — Reply

This looks ridiculous. Can’t wait.

4. December 8, 2010 at 9:48 pm — Reply

Sounds a bit reminiscent of Marvel Manga with a touch of the Noir titles – but if Marvel can really nail the Kirosawa vibe they’re going for, I’ll probably pick it up!

5. averijjoe
    December 8, 2010 at 10:47 pm — Reply

Eh… Oh look, a group of five loners, united by…violence?

Barring a high review from a trusted source (aka this site or a friend), I think I’ll pass. Long since burned out on Wolverine and Psylocke. The Hulk and Frank, in my opinion, haven’t really been handled well lately, and even Deadpool is starting to wear thin on me. (Was NOT a fan of Deadpool Max…)

Seems like an effort to throw five of Marvel’s most destructive ‘protagonists’ together and watch things explode and people die.

6. Smoothesuede
    December 9, 2010 at 5:45 am — Reply

I’m with averijjoe. I don’t think this will be something I just impulse buy.

7. applejack1310
    December 9, 2010 at 7:53 am — Reply

Wimpiest. Wolverine. Claws. Ever.

8. Damascus
    March 6, 2011 at 2:30 am — Reply

Who did the art on the Psylocke picture? It’s beautiful and it really makes me think of David Mack’s style of art. He’s a nice guy, I had him sign a cover of I think New Avengers or something that he did and we talked for a bit about what he was doing and since I’d never read any Kabuki he gave me an issue or two off his For Sale rack and signed them and told me to check it out. Definitely better than when I met Arthur Suydam, sheesh.