Marvel released the cover to Amazing Spider-Man #654.1 that features the all-new Venom.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #654.1 (DEC100573)
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by PAULO SIQUEIRA

The $2.99 point-one issue arrives February 09, 2011.

via Marvel

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Dynamite Entertainment Sneak Peek of the Week

Marvel shows off the real cover image to Wolverine and Jubilee #1

1. TheNewNum.2
    December 7, 2010 at 3:46 pm — Reply

Weird… he looks like Spawn took too much of Bane’s Venom-juice.

2. w0m
    December 7, 2010 at 3:56 pm — Reply

My first response was, “Spawn?” not sure if i like that.

3. grim
    December 7, 2010 at 7:00 pm — Reply

I’ve never liked this design. Not a fan of the eyes within the eyes, and the chest logo…with white stripes around his arms and going over his shoulders…looks goofy. And I know Venom’s always been jacked up and muscular, by why do so many artists draw him like the Hulk now?

In my opinion, Venom looked best when drawn by Mark Bagley mid-90’s.

4. Venomous Duck
    December 7, 2010 at 7:23 pm — Reply

If the story is as good as it has been for the past 2 issues Venom can look like Spawn all he wants to.

5. December 7, 2010 at 10:02 pm — Reply

Venom? Haunt? Spawn? I can’t make up my mind…!

6. Smoothesuede
    December 8, 2010 at 5:43 am — Reply

I’ve always liked the massively-muscular-hulked-out Venom incarnation, personally. It adds ferocity to this implicitly sinister aesthetics.
    I do agree that it looks very Spawn, but… I’m not sure that’s so much of a bad thing. With the similar eye-markings, it was bound to happen one of these days.
    I’m looking forward to checking this out.

7. chillidawg72
    December 8, 2010 at 7:42 am — Reply

I kinda wish it was Eddie. I hated the whole Anti-Venom/Mr. Negative story line.

8. Zach
    December 8, 2010 at 9:47 am — Reply

“Featuring an all-new Venom, this issue is a major turning point for everyone’s favorite web-slinger! Who is this new Venom? Is he friend or foe? Find out in Amazing Spider-Man 654.1!”

Friend or foe? WTF? Why bother even asking this??? He’s VENOM for christ’s sake! Of course he’s a foe! If not I, and many fans, will be VERY pissed off!

9. Undead
    December 8, 2010 at 11:35 am — Reply

Zangief?

10. December 8, 2010 at 1:15 pm — Reply

Ho-Hum it looks ridiculously dumb.

11. December 8, 2010 at 10:55 pm — Reply

How many times are they going to redesign Venom?!

12. December 9, 2010 at 3:21 pm — Reply

I saw a little more info on this whole new Venom thing… http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/12/new-venom-series-to-blend-hardcore-violence-with-international-intrigue/ … actually seems like it could be pretty cool. I’m willing to give it a shot.