According to Marvel, the Marvel Architects initiative spotlights writers and artists telling the “most exciting and impactful stories” in the Marvel U.

Marvel’s Writing Architects

• Brian Michael Bendis, writer of Avengers, New Avengers, Death of Spider-Man, the upcoming Moon Knight and an upcoming top secret project
  • Matt Fraction, writer of Thor, Invincible Iron Man, and a top secret upcoming event
  • Ed Brubaker, writer of Captain America, Secret Avengers and top secret upcoming new series
  • Jonathan Hickman, writer of Fantastic Four,  S.H.I.E.L.D. and a top secret upcoming new series
  • Jason Aaron, writer of Wolverine, Astonishing Spider-Man & Wolverine and a top secret upcoming new series

“These are five of the top writers in comics and they’re writing some of the best Marvel Comics ever” said C.B. Cebulski, SVP Creator & Content Development. “Each of their projects lays the groundwork for the future of the Marvel Universe and in 2011, their plans—which are being seeded in their current work as we speak—will come to fruition. There’s never been a better time to be a Marvel fan.”

There are some mighty big names on that list, but I wonder if the company is forgetting anyone?

via Marvel

Top 300 Comics for November 2010

REVIEW: The Boys Forty-Nine

1. December 6, 2010 at 3:56 pm — Reply

Along with Fraction, Aaron and Hickman, Marvel were initially giddy about Rick Remender. Got himself an exclusive and everything. Kinda sucks that Kieron, Van Lente, Pak, Abnett & Lanning didn’t make the cut. Especially with Bendis putting out such medicre work.

2. December 6, 2010 at 4:14 pm — Reply

My trust in Marvel right now is at an all time low. So when they say “future project/series/event/etc.” I really want to add “that wont last a year and a half” to the end of it. I’m down to “Chaos War #4” and Secret Avengers and if/when the series starts to suck I’ll be done with Marvel for awhile. Same goes for DC and Wonder Woman.
    I feel that unless I do this I won’t have inner peace.

3. Brother129
    December 6, 2010 at 4:21 pm — Reply

No love for Dan Slott???? And Abnett & Lanning definitely deserve some more L-O-V-E

4. Jose
    December 6, 2010 at 4:28 pm — Reply

Suprised Millar isn’t one. I’m not a huge fan of his but somewhat suprising. Marvel’s quality is at an all time for me. That and them deciding to keep their prices for one of their best books at $3.99. DC’s quality is better right now and I never thought that would happen.

5. theSuperAlbino
    December 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm — Reply

Nobody mentions that they aren’t crediting Fraction on Uncanny, wonder if Gillen will be taking over for him?

6. December 6, 2010 at 4:56 pm — Reply

I currently pull a handful of Marvel Comics, SHIELD, Uncanny X-Force, Deadpool MAX, and I am dropping Fantastic Four and putting on trade waiting alongside Captain America. I don’t like the universe that Marvel is trying to build, I don’t care what crosses with what, I just want fun entertaining comics and that’s it. I don’t want events. I was stories that aren’t company wide. But I will let my money speak for me, because that is the only language that Marvel understands.

7. December 6, 2010 at 6:36 pm — Reply

Anybody else notice that they’re all white guys in their 30’s? :)

• December 6, 2010 at 6:44 pm — Reply

“Anybody else notice that they’re all white guys in their 30′s? :)

Not that I’m not, mind you, but diversity isn’t just a college for swimmers. Anybody remember Girl Comics?”

I don’t remember Girl Comics, I though it was a small attempt appease female comic book fans. It’s a shame that there are not more female comic book writters like Gail Simone, who for the life of me is the only female writer to write a continuing series. That shouldn’t be.

• December 6, 2010 at 8:32 pm — Reply

That was nothing more than Joe & posse trying to grandstand. Style & noise over substance like most of Marvel’s recent announcements like the whole price drop thing.

8. December 6, 2010 at 6:41 pm — Reply

Also: “Impactful” is a terrible, terrible, made-up word.

9. Steve
    December 6, 2010 at 9:15 pm — Reply

Marvel continues to push Hickman to my annoyance. Impact? Secret Warriors and SHIELD have had zero impact on the greater MU and will be retconned quietly away when both get shit canned. I tried getting into his F4 but forgot his try out mini at the start of Dark Reign was even coming out at the beginning of Dark Reign and then got sick of his text pages finishing story in the main book. To me text pages are lazy and like making a TV show with only audio. You’re only using half the medium…

10. Turd Ferguson
    December 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm — Reply

Thank you, Matthew. I came here to say exactly that.

11. Smoothesuede
    December 7, 2010 at 7:16 am — Reply

This is an interesting structure.
    From my observations: their A-list writers are getting 3-star reviews all over the place, spare Hickman, and the B-listers not mentioned – DnA, Gillen, PAD, Remender, Pak, VenLente, Slott – are putting out much more critically praised issues.

It’s like when you play Mortal Kombat and the second-to-last guy is always way harder than the boss…