With Smallville wrapping up soon, The CW and Warner Bros. are looking for something (anything) to fill the slot left by the tweaked Superman series.  The Teen Titans might be a great team concept to look to, but according to Variety, DC Entertainment, Warner Bros. TV, and The CW might be breaking up the team to focus on one – Raven.

“Raven” actually has some history at the CW: The character was featured in the animated Kids’ WB series “Teen Titans,” which ran for several years (including Kids’ WB’s brief run as the CW’s Saturday morning kids block). Tara Strong voiced Raven in the series, which also featured Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy and Cyborg.

With the mystical nature of the character (created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez), and the success of Supernatural, the combo of superheroine adventure taking on supernatural forces could be a slam dunk for the network.  Of course it could also turn into another Birds of Prey…

via Variety

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Thomas Perkins

GAMING: New Lara Croft adventure on the way

1. Navarre
    December 6, 2010 at 3:28 pm — Reply

Raven is my favorite DC character. Whether the character will be done justice is something I couldn’t know until I see the series but they could back off the superheroics and focus on the “empath from Azarath with the demon-god father” and create one helluva series if they do it right.

2. Adam
    December 6, 2010 at 3:37 pm — Reply

Gonna have to disagree Navarre. While I like Raven as a character in the Teen Titans, I don’t believe that she can hold up an hour long show. Especially since, it sounds like, the show would be based off of Supernatural or maybe Charmed. Which are shows that we’ve seen before. I’d like something new and original to come out of DC.

The highest rated Smallville episodes are the ones where multiple heroes show up, like the first JLA ep. or the JSA from last season. Sooooo……they should give us a team show. Instant ratings.

3. Navarre
    December 6, 2010 at 4:05 pm — Reply

Comic fans are always happy when they see multiple members show up. Teen Titans is my favorite DC team (except maybe the Legion).

It all has to do with how well they write it. But I think the story of Raven is quite different from that of Supernatural.

Supernatural is great because an excellent writer gives us epic story lines featuring characters with depth. Raven can deliver just as well.

4. Alisha Mynx
    December 6, 2010 at 8:01 pm — Reply

I’ve said this on another forum, but I truly hope they don’t try to repeat exactly the Smallville formula because I just don’t think it will work for Raven. I do think with the proper creative team and the right actress, the show could be good and possibly even help give depth to parts of the character we may not know much about or have never seen in the comics.

My biggest worry is they will cater this to the “Vampire Diaries” and “Gossip Girl” fanbase.

• Arbor Day
      December 6, 2010 at 8:48 pm — Reply

Expect to see Raven break out in to song at the end of every episode a la Glee.

5. Navarre
    December 6, 2010 at 8:25 pm — Reply

I completely agree. I can see them going for a teenage angst angle instead of the dark, supernatural atmosphere that would make Raven work.

6. Jake
    December 7, 2010 at 6:46 pm — Reply

What about the Blue Beetle show? That ain’t happening now?