Warner Home Entertainment has announced that the 10th original DC animated movie, All-Star Superman, arrives on Blu-Ray and DVD on February 22, 2011.

In All-Star Superman, the Man of Steel rescues an ill-fated mission to the Sun (sabotaged by Lex Luthor) and, in the process, is oversaturated by radiation – which accelerates his cell degeneration. Sensing even he will be unable to cheat death, Superman ventures into new realms – finally revealing his secret to Lois, confronting Lex Luthor’s perspective of humanity, and attempting to ensure Earth’s safety before his own impending end with one final, selfless act.

The movie also features an all-star cast (pun intended) of talented voice actors

• James Denton – Superman
  • Christina Hendricks – Lois Lane
  • Anthony LaPaglia – Lex Luthor
  • Ed Asner – Perry White
  • Frances Conroy – Ma Kent
  • Matthew Gray Gubler – Jimmy Olsen
  • Linda Cardellini – Nasty

Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy), Catherine Cavadini (The Powerpuff Girls), Finola Hughes (General Hospital), Alexis Denisof (Angel), Obba Babatunde (That Thing You Do!), Michael Gough (Batman) and John DiMaggio (Futurama) round out the voice cast.

All-Star Superman Blu-Ray™ Combo Pack will include approximately 2 1/2 hours of intriguing bonus features, starting with all of the content available on the 2-Disc Special Edition DVD and adding:

• Featurette: “Incubating the Idea” – A conversation with Grant Morrison
  • Audio Commentary: Bruce Timm and Grant Morrison
  • All-Star Superman Digital Comic Book
  • Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
  • Digital copy on disc of the feature film

“The All-Star Superman comic was the work of two immensely talented creators at the absolute top of their game,” said Geoff Johns, Chief Creative Officer, DC Entertainment. “Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely’s All-Star Superman is one of those modern classics, and I can’t wait to see it brought to life as an animated film.”

More information on this release can be found at www.AllStarSuperman.com

via Warner Home Video

Major Spoilers Poll or the Week (POW!): All-Star Superman vs. All-Star Batman

Wizard World Atlanta programming schedule released

1. Josh Mayfield
    November 30, 2010 at 1:59 pm — Reply

I am anticipating this, but the trailer left me a little cold. If this cuts out all of Superman’s labors and focuses on the Superman/SuperLuthor conflict as the trailer suggests, that would be a shame. This press release gives me new hope, though.

2. Blackthunder01
    November 30, 2010 at 2:07 pm — Reply

Thanks for the date. I’ll have to mark it on the calendar. I’ll buy it because I’m a completionist but I’m not looking forward to this movie. Enough with Superman and Batman DC! Show me one of you hundreds of other characters please.

As I wrote in another topic, do any one realize instead of getting the second half of All Star Batman in February as they said, instead they’re giving us All Star Superman on DVD?

• hermit
      November 30, 2010 at 2:10 pm — Reply

i thought i saw somewhere that they pretty much cancelled All-Star Batman

• Allen Jones
      December 1, 2010 at 7:45 am — Reply

I thought I remember reading that it’s pretty much going to be Superman, Batman and Justice League from now on because the others have sold poorly. IIRC, the rest of the them are going to be regulated to the Showcase shorts. Though I do expect another Green Lantern around the time the live action movie comes out.

3. Brian Duff
    November 30, 2010 at 8:03 pm — Reply

So… how many times in a row is Superman going to tell Lois his secret? Unless it’s one we haven’t heard before… like.. “Lois… I.. I.. like to watch GLEE. I’m a GLEEK.” Now that’d be a change.. lol.

4. gilberto nieves
    December 1, 2010 at 11:39 am — Reply

i agree with Blackthunder01, when he sez they should do more of DC’s vast universe
    of characters. i would love to see stories with Flash, Aquaman, Atom, Shazam, Legion of Superheroes, etc. what ever happened to the teen titans: the judas contract dvd, that was suppoped to be right after Superman/Doomsday. i would like
    to see some of their great storylines like Crisis on Infinite Earths, even as a mulitiple part series of dvds. even if they just did the showcase format, how about
    doing one with mulitiple stories on one dvd that weren’t already done on previously purchased dvds, in other words new ones. Blue Devil, Ragman, Doom Patrol, Hawkman &
    Hawkwoman, Black Canary, JSA, Lobo, etc. so much could be done.

• Damascus
      December 22, 2010 at 2:50 am — Reply

I’d buy a Shadowpact DVD if it were offered. Or even if they made a movie of when Dr. Fate’s helmet was trying to choose it’s new successor, then you could feature Zarakiel, Black Alice(?), Detective Chimp, and others.