Remember Teen Wolf, that fantastic comedy with Michael J. Fox? Sure you do – there’s boobies in it. Well, MTV is in the process of taking that old film that the fuddy-duddies like and tweaking it into something the Twilight fans will like. Here is the result.

That’s it? Where the hell is the big basketball game? What happened to that touching moment when Teen Wolf’s dad tells him it is inherited? Where is van surfing? And what about that moment when Teen Wolf bites into a can of beer and the party erupts in joy and celebration?

This is no Teen Wolf, this is a teen that is wolf pretending to be a sparkly vampire.

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger

Jack Trigger loves comics, and has for the last 10 years. His favorite books included Fables, Amazing Spider-Man, X-Men, Wonder Woman, and the Secret Six. Currently, Jack attends San Fernando Valley Community College, where he is studying film making.

Cowboys and Aliens teaser trailer arrives

REVIEW: The Last Phantom #3

1. Alisha Mynx
    November 17, 2010 at 4:44 pm — Reply

I think I’ll stick to the original movie and the cheesy animated series. Thanks but no thanks, MTV.

2. November 17, 2010 at 5:19 pm — Reply

Awh shucks… that was hilariously terrible.

3. Rodrigo
    November 17, 2010 at 5:42 pm — Reply

did that guy yell “Lycans!”? God, please tell me that term didn’t actually catch on…

• Alisha Mynx
      November 17, 2010 at 8:09 pm — Reply

What, the term Lycanthrope has been used as another term for werewolf for a long, long time.
      (From Wikipedia)
      A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope (from the Greek λυκάνθρωπος: λύκος, lukos, “wolf”, and άνθρωπος, anthrōpos, man), is a mythological or folkloric human with the ability to shapeshift into an anthropomorphic wolf-like creature, either purposely, by being bitten by another werewolf, or after being placed under a curse.

Interesting side note, Lycanthropy is also the name of a mental illness
      (From Wikipedia)
      There is also a mental illness called lycanthropy in which a patient believes he or she is, or has transformed into, an animal and behaves accordingly. This is sometimes referred to as clinical lycanthropy to distinguish it from its use in legends.

• November 18, 2010 at 1:31 am — Reply

I’m aware of the word ‘lycanthrope’ what I’m complaining about is the fact that the terrible nickname for werewolves from Underworld is apparently now a thing. It’s like calling the Alien from Aliens an “Enomo”

• November 18, 2010 at 4:42 am — Reply

Two things:

1) I thought the owners of “Underworld” used Lycans because they could copyright it. Is that true?

2) I also thought the aliens in the “Alien” series were called xenomorphs. Never heard of “Enomo” before.

As for the trailer… Did I miss the memo that says everything aimed at young women that isn’t a terrible rom-com of some sort has to be completely humorless and angst-soaked? Is this where the horrible soap opera writers went when they closed shop?

• Brian G.
            November 18, 2010 at 7:49 am — Reply

I don’t think they own the word Lycan to refer to a Werewolf. If they do, then Konami/Hideo Kojima and the Castlevania franchise owe them some money. (I thought this was a rather old term that just fell out of favor when Hollywood sensationalized werewolves.)

Btw … can’ play the video. says Server Can’t Be Found.

• November 18, 2010 at 12:56 pm — Reply

Hmmm… I knew that underworld had had tons of legal problems, partially because White Wolf Press (the guys that put out Vampire: The Masquerade), thought they were getting all infrigy on their intellectual property.

And the Enomo thing was a joke to illustrate my point, which is that shortening certain terms just make them sound dumb LYCANthrope and xENOMOrph for example.

• Alisha Mynx
          November 18, 2010 at 8:06 pm — Reply

Ah, that is understandable. (Although I do know people who think the term is exclusive to those movies, but they also aren’t willing to discuss it, they just scream until you nod and walk away slowly)

Still cringing at this remake though… If any of my friends expect me to watch it, I’m gonna need a ton of liquor first so I won’t remember it in the morning.

4. Brian Duff
    November 17, 2010 at 6:13 pm — Reply

Apparently Teen Wolf got totally ret-conned for this movie. All the mythology got thrown out the door in order for it to be more like Twilight. But they could have had a much better story if they would have stuck to the original’s storyline minus the guy playing basketball as a werewolf bit.

• Alisha Mynx
      November 17, 2010 at 8:03 pm — Reply

That was my thought as well. It wasn’t the lack of basketball that bothers me, it was the lack of what I think set Teen Wolf apart from the other Werewolf movies and/or horror comedies, like how it wasn’t a bite that turned him but it was because of his father’s side of the family.

5. mosdef
    November 17, 2010 at 7:04 pm — Reply

ugh….i have no words.

6. Gibralter
    November 17, 2010 at 9:12 pm — Reply

MTV you got some of your sparkly sissy in my bad ass werewolf. Please remove it, thank you.

7. November 17, 2010 at 9:34 pm — Reply

Wow, impressively terrible. Why not just make your own movie? Leave the cult classics alone. It’s not like this has any relation to the actual movie who’s name they’re trading on.

8. justanothergeek
    November 18, 2010 at 3:40 am — Reply

If only they’d left the name “Teen Wolf” out of it we could forgive them but nooo. And why? It not like their obvious target audience has ever even heard of the movie.They had to use it just to piss us off, that’s why.

9. diagnull
    November 18, 2010 at 9:17 am — Reply

Hey Jack,

I think you posted the wrong video. This one seems to be linked to a steaming pile of crap…

-D

10. November 18, 2010 at 10:57 am — Reply

Sooo… The new Teen Wolf is just Twilight without the romance.

Hopefully it’ll be more than it seems, or considerably less.

11. Dboy Mugg
    November 18, 2010 at 5:54 pm — Reply

The continued bastardizing of my youth. At this point, I would rather see a reboot of all my original favorites as EXACTLY the same movie with added subtitles, or the original USA cartoons with subtitles. Anything more than that has proven to be an insulting disaster. I cringe at the thought of the live action TMNT movie…cringe.