Many were excited over the news that ABC was in the process of bringing The Hulk back to television in an all new series.  The hot rumor this morning might get more people interested in seeing the series as Deadline is reporting that Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick are working on the project together.

While we won’t know the details of the television series just yet, there are already hints of what we might see:

• The series will be an origin story
  • Banner will be in his mid-twenties (because all super scientists are 25 years old)
  • The Hulk will not be CGI only creation, but a mixture of prosthetics, puppetry and CGI.
  • Del Toro and Eick are sharing scripting duties for the pilot.
  • Del Toro may direct the pilot if he isn’t too busy with other things.

Even though it seems movies get greenlit and go through the production process very quickly, the television series is too early in production for the show to air next fall, but possibly in the fall of 2012 after The Avengers movie is released.

via Deadline

Celebrity gay zombies take on all-gay superhero team

Marvel Comics for February 2011

1. November 16, 2010 at 11:26 am — Reply

The fact that Del Toro is involved gives me hope for this show.

2. Alisha Mynx
    November 16, 2010 at 3:10 pm — Reply

While I like Del Toro’s works for the most part, I hope he’s not attached simply for name-power. If he brings the right feel to Hulk, I’ll be thrilled, but if he’s only attached to draw a crowd because he’s part of the creative team, I’ll be really disappointed.

3. theSuperAlbino
    November 16, 2010 at 4:54 pm — Reply

Del Toro’s involvement puts me at ease about this show, I can trust that it will at least be watchable. Now if my feelings could be put to rest on Cloak & Dagger.

• Alisha Mynx
      November 16, 2010 at 8:57 pm — Reply

I don’t think anything short of a lifetime supply of Mike’s Hard Lemonade will put me at ease about Cloak & Dagger (until the show airs, at least).

4. Brian Duff
    November 16, 2010 at 7:01 pm — Reply

I really think they should go with someone Domonic Purcell from Prison Break/John Doe fame. Not some 20-something guy.

5. Mike Keller
    November 17, 2010 at 9:27 am — Reply

This,, THIS is what Del Toro gave up ‘The Hobbit’ for?
    @ Alisha – lol the lemonade… :n)

• Damascus
      December 8, 2010 at 10:21 pm — Reply

I doubt it was as simple as that. He was probably just tired of The Hobbit being stalled for so long and he may have been losing opportunites at other projects and in that regard losing money because he wasn’t able to commit to anything else of any decent size due to his prior involvement with The Hobbit.

I do wonder though if he is kicking himself at all now that The Hobbit is actually moving forward again so shortly after he jumped ship.

6. Gilberto Edwards
    December 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm — Reply

I think they should cast Edward Norton because he looks more like in his mid twenties, and should the first class on top who they should first cast. second class should be a actor from harry potter who plays the lead star.

7. Gilberto Edwards
    December 12, 2010 at 5:22 pm — Reply

and I know Lou ferrigno will be the voice of the Hulk new tv series.

8. April 6, 2011 at 12:33 pm — Reply

For The New Hulk Tv Show should First Edward Norton second Choice Danile Radcliffe from Harry potter, Third Choice Alexis Dentof from buffy vampire.

9. April 6, 2011 at 12:37 pm — Reply

I ve Lou Ferrigno in mega-con 2011 convention and ask him about if hes in the new Hulk tv show he said yes! hes involve in new tv show.