According to Super Hero Hype, the Darren Aronofsky Wolverine movie will simply be called The Wolverine.  It will not be a sequel to X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and will not feature the Russians invading Colorado.  Instead, it will be a one-off, stand along project featuring Logan involved in a forbidden romance with a Japanese woman.

The Wolverine isn’t the worst title I’ve ever heard, but maybe, just maybe, they should consider dropping The, and simply call it Wolverine.

via Super Hero Hype

Dale Eaglesham joins The Incredible Hulk in February

Top Cow Sneak Peek: Artifacts #3

1. TaZ
    November 15, 2010 at 10:15 am — Reply

Wonder if they’ll have The Silver Samurai as Yokiro’s kin in this one. The Wolverine stories set in Japan were some of my favorites.

2. Brian G.
    November 15, 2010 at 10:55 am — Reply

So it’s not a sequel. Does this mean it’s not actually continuity?

3. November 15, 2010 at 11:38 am — Reply

Agreed with the “The”. A bit off-putting.

Sounds like Rodrigo gave it the title.

4. November 15, 2010 at 12:35 pm — Reply

I like Arronofsky so I may give it a shot. But “The Wolverine” is a bad title, I agree with everyone to drop the “The”.

Is it me or is that pose look goofy.

5. Brian Duff
    November 15, 2010 at 4:45 pm — Reply

Sooo… it’s Wolverine and Lady Deathstrike eh? And that promotional pose looks silly, yes. “Ok Hugh, now look like you’re running with your arms, and keep your feet planted. Yes! Like that!” lol

6. November 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm — Reply

I agree that dropping “The” from the title would make it better. However, I hate the character so I hope they keep it. ;p

7. brenton8090
    November 16, 2010 at 6:30 am — Reply

Well, the whole Japan thing sounds good. That’s one of the few Wolverine stories that ever intrigued me, with him balancing his animal nature with a bushido code of honor, and the inner struggle that represents.

Also, I can’t help but hear the title in Rodrigo’s “Stan Lee” voice. “Ish da Wolverine!”