BOOM! Studios Sneak Peek of the Week

Major Spoilers Podcast #252: Batman sells out

1. Xybec Katta
    November 13, 2010 at 12:24 am — Reply

Suit looks a lot better in motion.

• Alisha Mynx
      November 13, 2010 at 4:13 pm — Reply

I thought the suit looked better in motion too. That’s about all I’m going to say about this footage (because I still have hope this won’t turn out like the last couple Batman movies before “Batman Begins”).

2. Matthew
    November 13, 2010 at 12:45 am — Reply

it looks like its just him all freakishly ripped and glowing green. id like it more if it looked to be more like a fabric. i do understand what they are going for, it just doesnt work for me.

3. Jim
    November 13, 2010 at 1:57 am — Reply

I didn’t mind the suit but thought the mask looked a little weird. Overall, though, very cool.

4. TVsBryanD
    November 13, 2010 at 5:48 am — Reply

So… it’s a comedy?

5. Brian Duff
    November 13, 2010 at 6:55 am — Reply

I have a feeling this might be on the level of Fantastic 4… or below it in terms of comic book movie awesome-sauce level. It just doesn’t look like it’s going to hit it right.

6. bob
    November 13, 2010 at 8:10 am — Reply

I like it!

7. Kirby
    November 13, 2010 at 9:16 am — Reply

duh, that looks pretty good. Gotta feeling they’re playing up what might be a few comedic bits for those who only know Reynolds from Van Wilder. Sort of like they did with Robin Williams in Bicentenial Man.

8. Antonio Sanciolo
    November 13, 2010 at 9:33 am — Reply

I have a bad feeling about this…

9. November 13, 2010 at 10:00 am — Reply

The construct fist looked pretty cool!

This preview definitely had a lot of comedy in it. Kinda reminds me of Iron Man in a way. I think we’d all like it to be a bit more dramatic. I’m sure the actual movie will be heavier. I hope…

10. November 13, 2010 at 10:20 am — Reply

It looks freaking awful. I will happily skip this.

11. silvergray
    November 13, 2010 at 10:29 am — Reply

It has a Spider-man feel to it.. in a “been there seen this movie” kind of way.
    Spider-man in SPAAAACE!

12. November 13, 2010 at 11:11 am — Reply

This looks really bad to me but trailers do lie!I can still have hope…

13. Ricco
    November 13, 2010 at 11:31 am — Reply

14. Elise
    November 13, 2010 at 11:32 am — Reply

Hal Jordan isn’t a serious or heavy dude…definitely not in a first adventure story. I’m trying to refrain from saying good or bad in my head, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the actual overall tone of the movie. As long as it doesn’t completely go the route of “we all know superheroes is a stupid and childish idea, so lets treat this story that way.” That’s just annoying for everyone.

15. November 13, 2010 at 1:00 pm — Reply

I’d avoid passing any kind of judgment on the movie based on this teaser alone. After all, it’s a 32-second clip aimed at the Entertainment Weekly audience. We’ll get a better look at the tone when a full trailer arrives.

That said, as much as I like Ryan Reynolds, this clip does have me worried they’ve focus a little too heavily on the humor Reynolds is known for rather the gravitas of the Green Lantern story.

16. tired
    November 13, 2010 at 3:19 pm — Reply

Looks like every other comic book movie out there: cheesy, kiddy friendly, half-heartedly comedic, poorly acted, and overhyped.

God forbid they ever try making a serious movie out of a comic.

17. TVsBryanD
    November 13, 2010 at 4:43 pm — Reply

Take all those scenes, insert Nathan Fillion instead of Ryan Reynolds, and now it feels like an adventure with humor instead of a comedy. Not Reynolds fault. He is great as the snarky wise-ass. Producers would want to play this up to attract his fans.

GL feels more like Fantastic Four than Batman Begins.

• Wiccy
      November 13, 2010 at 11:29 pm — Reply

Seconded SO HARD. I like Ryan, but have disagreed with his casting as Hal from say one. They should have saved him for Kyle or even Guy.

18. Allen
    November 13, 2010 at 8:48 pm — Reply

I think casting Reynolds assured that this was going to be “appeal to 13 year old boys” Green Lantern rather than “Holy Crap This is Better Than Star Wars Mythology” Green Lantern.

19. @lantis
    November 14, 2010 at 12:52 am — Reply

Wow, I’m a little surprised at the blame being cast on Reynolds. Yes the parts of this trailer sound a little like familiar comedy, but has anyone seen his purely dramatic roles? He is perfectly capable of playing a role straight and bringing the seriousness to the role. The problem is that the clip is a 32 second teaser for ET, which is the last place you should be making judgments about the quality of a movie.

If I’m upset about anything it is the Gossip Girl chick playing the love interest. I will still see the movie, because I want to pass my own judgment on it and not let a news teaser inform my opinion.

20. November 14, 2010 at 4:55 am — Reply

Above all this looks fun!

Day 1!

21. Brian G.
    November 15, 2010 at 6:54 am — Reply

I’m going to wait to pass full judgement once I see the real trail with Harry Potter this week. But inital impression is … what’s the best way to describle that sinking heart feeling in your chest? Disappointment?

22. Bob
    November 15, 2010 at 2:31 pm — Reply

I think this is going to hit really really big. I totally marked out when I saw the fist. I can’t remember the last time I got so excited in seeing a clip from a superhero movie……. I agree I don’t like the mask, the rest of the costume looks pretty good in action. I am starting to think this might be the second highest grossing comic book movie of all time.