For the first time ever, Sith training will be explored – and with it, truths about the very nature of the dark side itself!

A warrior forged by a dark sorcery as mystical and powerful as the Force, Opress will uncover shocking revelations about the galaxy’s tenuous balance of power, including secrets about one of the Sith’s most infamous villains — Episode I’s Darth Maul! From his origins to his fate, Maul’s mysteries will at long last be uncovered…

For a list of cities where these screenings will occur, and to RSVP, go to

These screenings are FREE, but we ask that all attendees bring a new/unwrapped toy to benefit children in need this holiday season – and in the spirit of giving, Hasbro has generously agreed to match every donation with a Star Wars toy.

via LucasFilm

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Winnie the Pooh has an official trailer, too

Moonstone Books for February 2011

1. Fistful of Dave
    November 12, 2010 at 12:47 pm — Reply

He’s General Grievous or at least he better be.

• November 12, 2010 at 1:58 pm — Reply

If that is how it plays out it will be a huge coupe for the animated series and would certainly attract more people. Of course it throws off the rest of the expanded universe continuity…

TO THE WIKI:
      Grievous made his first appearance in the comics in a short story in Star Wars: Visionaries called The Eyes of Revolution. In that story, Kaleesh general Qymaen jai Sheelal (Grievous’s former name) is blessed by a holy man before he is taken to a shuttle going off to fight the Huk with his bodyguards.

2. Scott Gavin
    November 14, 2010 at 9:45 am — Reply

It’s interesting and I’d like to see it, but I have the same reaction to this sort of “marketing ploy” as I do to Jerry Lewis’s “Jerry’s Kids” fund raisers every year. I kind of object to somebody, who makes more money in ten minutes than I will ever earn in my entire life pleading for me to made some kind of donation. Also, there are a lot more cities in the country than the short list where they will be playing this thing. If Lucas was serious about it, they’d have an event in every town and city that has a movie theater. Or maybe I’m just getting cynical in my old age.

• Alisha Mynx
      November 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm — Reply

Maybe I misunderstood your post, but you do know those donations go to the cost of treatments, research, equipment, etc., right? Even if the actors and rich folks gave every cent they have, more money is still needed to help pay for treatments, new equipment, etc. Most childrens hospitals that have telethons also do not turn away sick kids because a family cannot pay or insurance will not pay.

• markus K.
        November 19, 2010 at 1:37 am — Reply

This is just my point of view of what SCOTT GAVIN said, which comes with a question- how long has the Jerry Lewis telethon been going on? In all that time, NO ONE has been able to find a cure? When it’s over and these telethons are over, who are the unfortunate kids that have to wait because not enough “money” was raised to help them? You said it- “MOST children’s hospitals”- but the sad truth is, there are those who will NOT help someone WITHOUT insurance or that they cannot pay. When I first moved to Phoenix, there was a story about a man in a terrible car accident, and because he had no insurance, was turned away and had to be flown to a hospital that WOULD take him. Unfortunately, he died while in route to that hospital. If he’d been admitted, he WOULD HAVE survived. As cold as it may sound, the three things rule a man’s mind- wealth, power and greed. I have no doubt the cure IS there, it CAN be found, but is it really profitable? When it comes to saving life, MONEY SHOULD NOT BE INVOLVED. The cure is there, don’t make excuses, FIND IT. All these telethons are for is for people to pat themselves on the back, NOT to actually help, just to be recognized for what they gave.

Just my point of view of it- thanks.

And to JASON- it’s not Darth Maul, it’s someone from his race. Notice that the Republic Commandos are featured? I’d say we’re close to seeing the episode 3 stormtrooper armors, and may be in the final season (if not next year).

I just wish Lucas would do the LIVE ACTION TV series already.

And to STEPHAN- From what I’VE been able to see, Lucas started throwing off the Star Wars universe around Episode One. Episode Four, Obi Wan said that when he met Anikin, he was a great star pilot, and then mentioned that Uncle Owen “thought he should have stayed here and not gotten involved”. Originally, YODA began Anikin’s training, and Obi Wan felt he was strong enough in the force to train him the rest of the way, then blamed himself when he turned to the darkside and became Vader.

Thank you, and please forgive for the book I just wrote.

3. Jason
    November 14, 2010 at 12:05 pm — Reply

Why would Dooku be training Maul? Darth Maul was Palpatine’s apprentice before Dooku, not after.