Disney sent Major Spoilers a couple of images from the upcoming Winnie the Pooh movie that is scheduled to arrive in theaters July 15, 2011.

Walt Disney Animation Studios returns to the Hundred Acre Wood with “Winnie the Pooh,” the first big-screen Pooh adventure from Disney animation in more than 35 years. With the charm, wit and whimsy of the original featurettes, this all-new movie reunites audiences with the philosophical “bear of very little brain” and friends Tigger, Rabbit, Piglet, Kanga, Roo—and last, but certainly not least, Eeyore, who has lost his tail.   “Well a tail is either there or it isn’t there,” said Pooh. “And yours isn’t… there.”  Owl sends the whole gang on a wild quest to save Christopher Robin from an imaginary culprit. It turns out to be a very busy day for a bear who simply set out to find some hunny. Inspired by five stories from A.A. Milne’s books in Disney’s classic, hand-drawn art style.

via Walt Disney Studios

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

Comic Vault commercial turned down by AMC

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Sneak Peek: Hunt for Ziro

1. November 11, 2010 at 10:57 am — Reply

My niece may like this.

Last Pic:
    Piglett: Put the lotion on your skin, else you aren’t getting out of the pit again.

2. Brian G.
    November 11, 2010 at 11:59 am — Reply

I’d like to caption that picture where’s they’re in the hole:

Piglet: “It rubs the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again.”

• Brian G.
      November 11, 2010 at 12:14 pm — Reply

But seriously though … I’m glad to see Christopher Robin back. :)

3. @lantis
    November 11, 2010 at 1:37 pm — Reply

Woot, forget the children, I’m excited to go see this. I grew up on Winnie the Pooh, and Disney has been pretty good to this particular franchise’s treatment in the past, so I have high hopes for this film.

4. Frank
    November 11, 2010 at 2:01 pm — Reply

I like the handdrawn/watercolor feel. Hopefully the story will be like the classics. Lets hope it picks up after the originals, skipping the straight-to-DVD stuff.

5. G-ham
    November 11, 2010 at 3:28 pm — Reply

Got to love Pooh. When I was growing up, Pooh and ToyStory were the best things every. I’m glad thy didn’t use CG. If I saw a CG Pooh I might just shoot myself

• Damascus
      December 3, 2010 at 10:42 am — Reply

Most of the Winnie the Pooh/Super Pooh straight to video movies featuring Darby the little girl instead of Christopher Robin are done in CG, they aren’t great. I really liked Tigger’s Big Movie, that one was done really well (not CG just good I mean). My 2-year-old loves Winnie the Pooh, so this is good news for him.