If you really know video production inside and out, know Adobe After Effects, and Final Cut Pro, can shoot, and light dynamically, then Marvel wants to hear from you. The company is looking for a production person that is listed as an After Effects Animator/Final Cut Pro Editor, but a complete breakdown of the skills shows you need production skills as well.
As a pre requisite of the job, the After Effects Animator/ Video Editor will:
• Have at least 1-3 years experience working in Broadcast, Commercial or Corporate Video or Web equivalent environment.
• Video Editing skills for Story and Documentary Interview are essential.
• Strong eye for Design while keeping the Marvel Brand in mind.
• Have comprehensive Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop skills.
• Have a strong technical knowledge of the post-production process, working in HD / SD formats & within delivery specification parameters.
• Troubleshoot technical discrepancies and provide corrective measures to remedy problems.
• Show that they can contribute ideas that grow the department.
• An interest in comics, video, art, film, music, pop culture, and the internet.
• Use of HD video cameras, HDSLR cameras and video related equipment such as lights, decks, etc.
• Work as part of a team or solo under minimal direction and supervision.
• Maintaining quality control and knowing technical aspects of videos including, but not limited to video formats, codecs, frame rates, video title/action safe zones, and legal color safety for original content on Marvel.com – from ingest to distribution.
• Ability to prioritize his / her workload and possibly the workload of others.
• Strong time and resource management skills.
• Resilience, stamina and good humor to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities.
• Able to take criticism with professionalism and flexibility.
• Adapt to quick changing deadlines.
You’ve seen Marvel’s Motion Comics. Watched the behind the scenes features, and knowing the company just made a move to a new building, continued video growth sounds likely. If you are going to apply, you better be prepared to bring it – as the company isn’t looking for some schlocky fan filmmaker, they’re looking for someone with a great working knowledge to generate top content. In other words, if you know all of the information contained in the links above, and then some, you might want to jump on this announcement… unless you have something against living in New York.