A brand new trailer for Zack Snyder’s Sucker Punch has arrived, and it still holding my interest in wanting to see the movie.

Set in the 1950s, Sucker Punch follows Babydoll (Browning) who is confined to a mental institution by her stepfather, who intends to have her lobotomized in five days. While there, she imagines an alternative reality to hide her from the pain, and in that world, she begins planning her escape, needing to steal five objects to help get her out before she is deflowered by a vile man.

Marvel announces Doctor Strange: From the Marvel Vault #1

Wizard Entertainment claims one more

1. Navarre
    November 4, 2010 at 11:23 am — Reply

I haven’t decided yet if the movie is going to be good or not. I guess I can’t know until I see it.

But I can find several good reasons to watch it.

2. Mokin
    November 4, 2010 at 11:52 am — Reply

I’m not sure.

All the patients are young beautiful babes wearing sexy clothes and all. I don’t deny the eye candy factor, but I don’t really think this is gonna be such a great movie.

• Ricco
      November 4, 2010 at 12:37 pm — Reply

I for one I’m not expecting a great movie, but a fun popcorn movie that will be quickly forgotten? Yes, and that’s enough reason to go see it for me.

3. thedexter102
    November 4, 2010 at 1:17 pm — Reply

I’m often the one who is all high and mighty over things like this and I wish to make two things clear:

1. I don’t care if you go and see it or not.

2. But be aware that I ask you not to and that by doing so you’re bring about the collapse of American cinema.

On the plus side I like the song…

• Ricco
      November 4, 2010 at 1:57 pm — Reply

The collapse of American Cinema pretty much started when originality was considered a “risky economical choice” and they went for instant recognition/pre-existing following before making a movie. This is cheesy, popcorn cinema but at least it’s original cheesy, popcorn cinema. Besides, everyone knows the British and the French are they only ones making real movies this days.

• Brian G.
        November 5, 2010 at 9:43 am — Reply

You two are making some rather strong statements. Not saying they’re good statements but just … statements. I feel like this subject has already been overly discussed in the forums and my objections to this philosophy have been noted.

• November 5, 2010 at 8:23 pm — Reply

It’s also worth noting that the forum is the place for this type of discussion, and that NONE OF US HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN THE DAMN MOVIE.

You don’t have to like anything, but this kind of vitriol might be reserved for the condemnation of something that you’ve actually experienced? :)

• Ricco
            November 5, 2010 at 10:52 pm — Reply

Okay, wasn’t actually trying to start something here and the British/French movie thing was mostly sarcasm since I know Dexter is British (the dubb thing is mainly for anime too by the way). I stand by the originality bit thou, but it’s how I feel and nothing more. Heck I don’t watch many movies to begin with, but I do plan on seen this one (never claimed otherwhise), it looks like a fun popcorn film. Plus Jamie Chung is in it, nuff said.

4. November 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm — Reply

That looks like one hot mess. Maybe they should just re-title it now as exactly that, ONE HOT MESS coming to a theater near you in March.

5. thedexter102
    November 4, 2010 at 5:32 pm — Reply

I would tend to agree Ricco, however can I add Japan to your list.

• Ricco
      November 4, 2010 at 5:38 pm — Reply

Only if you include subbed Japanese movies, dubbed Japanese movies kill pupies.

6. Jim
    November 4, 2010 at 9:33 pm — Reply

The main actress looks like a cross between Naomi Watts and Jewel. All of them are cute, no doubt. I don’t think it looks very good, though. Isn’t very similar to “Pan’s Labrynth, too?”

7. Brian G.
    November 5, 2010 at 9:40 am — Reply

I suppose I’m going to be the only person here very much excited to see this movie. I can’t find anything I don’t like about it based on what I’ve seen. Visualy, it strikes me as the Matrix meets Kill Bill meets Sky Captain meets Dragons.

I’m definately going opening weekend.

8. thedexter102
    November 5, 2010 at 5:39 pm — Reply

Actually my favourite movies of this year are American, I don’t think it’s over yet..,

I don’t know, The dubs for Studio Ghibli films are quite goodz

9. Damascus
    November 30, 2010 at 11:11 pm — Reply

Maybe I’m gonna be this guy, but I tend to enjoy American movies much more than foreign. That’s just for the most part, there are foreign films that I love and champion like no other. I like Amelie, Brotherhood of the Wolf is the shit, Pan’s Labyrinth was amazing, Fulltime Killer, Master of the Flying Guillitine, and really a bunch more movies. Not to really go into it, but we do make plenty of truly original films over here, they just aren’t usually the movies that make massive amounts of money and are usually independent. In my opinion though, there’s nothing wrong with a popcorn movie. Die Hard isn’t the deepest film that’s ever come out, but you can be certain that if it’s on, I’m watching it. I think this movie looks awesome, I think the concept is interesting, the world through their delusional eyes, and the visuals are phenomenal. Not every movie that comes out has to be insanely deep and cerebral. I’m all for this one. Then again, I really do try to reserve ultimate judgement until I see the movie (unless it has Nicolas Cage in it, in which case it’s probably doomed ;).