Here’s something every D&D player ought to have if she (or he) wants to rub it in the nose of their Dungeon Master – a D20 that lights up when you roll a critical hit!

Product Features

• Twenty-sided die flashes red when you roll a 20
  • Not a cheater die! Weighted evenly so you have to earn those 20s
  • Players: It is up to your GM whether you can use it in your game
  • GMs: The red glow makes you look even more evil behind the screen
  • Dimensions: approximately 1.5″ in diameter
  • Batteries included

I guess, if a GDDM were evil (Rodrigo), he would want to get one of these so he could sit back with a smug grin on his face as he wipes his party, but really, DMs are evil enough already without needing one of these to taught the players.

The ThinkGeek Critical Hit D20 only sets you back $9.99.

via ThinkGeek

Pilot Season 2010 voting opens

Marvel announces Doctor Strange: From the Marvel Vault #1

1. November 4, 2010 at 10:22 am — Reply

Looks pretty cool! I dont think I would get one though. A little to in your face…

2. November 4, 2010 at 12:16 pm — Reply

It is coolness embodied!!! Me Also WANT!

3. November 4, 2010 at 2:05 pm — Reply

I might want it, but I won’t be paying 10 bucks for a die anytime soon…

• TorontoFrog
      November 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm — Reply

And with the anormaly high number of crits you roll, the battery will be dead in a session! :)

Anyway, being an avid table top gamer and a fan of Think Geek, I should’ve been extatic about this product, but honnestly, I don’t give a s*it.

4. Ricco
    November 4, 2010 at 5:25 pm — Reply

Since you have to open it to change the battery I guess it would break/loose balance relatively quickly. The 75 cents dice you can buy at most hobby stores will last you for many years if stored properly, this will break so no thank you.

5. November 4, 2010 at 7:27 pm — Reply

ME WANT: Me Ordered! For equal balance I also bought a huge metal dice and a Bag of Holding.

6. Cheesedemon
    November 5, 2010 at 7:25 am — Reply

I love awesome but unnecessary novelty items like this. I think I’ll buy one when I get my salary, if the shipping isn’t too much

7. Eugee
    November 30, 2010 at 3:14 pm — Reply

I got one. :)

I love it, we play in one player’s basement (out of sight of his nerd-hating wife) and so the lighting is just perfect for them to groan when my face is lit up from behind the DM screen.

Sure I paid $10 for it, but I have a big-boy job and wear big-boy pants, so I’ll live.