In celebration of the 70th anniversary of Walt Disney’s Comics and Stories, “Classics are back at BOOM!” Beginning in January, WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES #715 and MICKEY MOUSE #304 will feature some of the greatest Disney comic book stories ever told, including some that have not seen print in almost 50 years. The new initiative is the latest stage of “BOOM Kids! 2.0” which was previously announced at the New York Comic Con.
Shipping as an oversized anniversary issue, WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES #715 features:
– Life Savers,” a Carl Barks-written story from 1969 newly illustrated by Dutch master Daan Jippes in the Barks style and starring the Junior Woodchucks – published for the first time in the U.S.!
– Writer Ruud Straatman and American master artist Don Rosa’s Daisy Duck story “Forget Me Not” from 1989.
– “70th Heaven!” by Dutch master artist Daan Jippes in its American publishing debut.
– A previously untitled Li’l Bad Wolf/Donald Duck tale by Gill Turner in its first appearance since 1950!
Bursting at the seams with 40 pages, WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES #715 ships with A and B covers by beloved classic Disney comics artists William Van Horn and Daan Jippes respectively.
MICKEY MOUSE #304 features:
– Bill Walsh/ Floyd Gottfredson tale “The Pirate Ghost Ship!” marking its first reprint with every single panel complete since 1944.
– Legendary Mickey Mouse artist Floyd Gottfredson’s “Laundry Blues” from 1932 in its first re-printing ever!
– A Goofy tale by Italian master Romano Scarpa, “Don’t Worry About It,” printed for the first time in English!
Also weighing in at 40 pages, MICKEY MOUSE #304 features covers by modern Mickey master artist Casty and the legendary Floyd Gottfredson!
WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES #715 and MICKEY MOUSE #304 ship this January with a price tag of $3.99. WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES #715 carries a Diamond code of NOV100833 and MICKEY MOUSE #304 carries a Diamond code of NOV100830. Please contact your local comic shop to pre-order www.comicshoplocator.com.
About BOOM! Studios
BOOM! Studios (www.boom-studios.com) is a unique publishing house specializing in high-profile projects across a wide variety of different genres from some of the industry’s biggest talents, including Philip K. Dick’s DO ANDROIDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SHEEP?, The Henson Company’s FARSCAPE, and the original Mark Waid series IRREDEEMABLE. BOOM! recently launched its youth imprint, BOOM Kids!, with Pixar’s THE INCREDIBLES, CARS, and TOY STORY, as well as Disney’s THE MUPPETS, DONALD DUCK, UNCLE SCROOGE and WALT DISNEY’S COMICS AND STORIES. This year, BOOM! Studios celebrates its fifth anniversary.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books and magazines, with over 250 million children’s books and over 400 million children’s magazines sold each year. Disney Publishing Worldwide includes the vertically integrated publishing imprints Disney Book Group in the U.S., Disney Libri in Italy and Libros Disney in Spain as well as an extensive worldwide licensing structure. DPW also publishes a range of children’s magazines globally including Topolino, Le Journal de Mickey and Donald Duck as well as family titles in the U.S. which include Disney FamilyFun and Disney en Familia. Disney English is DPW’s English language learning business, including Disney English centers in China and a worldwide retail licensing program. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, Disney Publishing Worldwide publishes books and magazines in 85 languages in 75 countries.