Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: A thoughtless miscalculation causes the team to suffer a great loss.

NOTE: Speaking of losses, we’ve looked and looked, and we can not find the images that were taken during this episode. We apologize for the inconvenience.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical_hit_70.mp3[/podcast]

Download

RSS Feed

Check out the Ket figure right here!

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Major Spoilers Podcast #244: Influential Comics

RETRO REVIEW: Ghost Rider #9 (December 1974)

1. October 16, 2010 at 5:20 pm — Reply

A big loss?
    Looking forward to allmost 2 hours of action, I have just started and am glad to hear that you are back ti fighty-fighty.

About the big loss? My guess is that Randus is going down. Alex was unfortunate enough to mention something about it on the “gamemasters workshop”.

But pleace, don’t let him die if it is him. The team needs a human face.

2. Rob (fka Smith)
    October 16, 2010 at 8:36 pm — Reply

Hey, between Ket and Torq we have 3/4 of a human.

• October 17, 2010 at 3:58 pm — Reply

True, true.
      And puww, just finished listening, and boy am I glad that the only thing you guys lost was that stone. You really can be a bunch of pinheads soetimes :)

3. Dave
    October 17, 2010 at 12:33 am — Reply

Good one. My group uses the bottleneck strategy quite often. It’s gotten to the point where everything our GM throws at us uses bursts :D

4. Jackie
    October 17, 2010 at 9:44 pm — Reply

I have a question why doesn’t Orem use Magic Missile more ofter isn’t it a minor action? Couldn’t he attack with his sword, shift a square back, and then to add insult to injury magic missile their butt? If the recent rule change changed MM I’m sorry for my ignorance!

Love the show guys and image loss BAH I’ll use my imagination!!

• Ricco
      October 17, 2010 at 9:59 pm — Reply

Missile is a standard action.

5. Ricco
    October 17, 2010 at 10:02 pm — Reply

Loved when Rodrigo said “I kept expecting the party to say: okay Torq you stay with the stone…”, Bea is gonna love this! Great episode.

6. TheNewNum.2
    October 17, 2010 at 11:51 pm — Reply

So what was the special occasion that lead to this episode being released a day early? having three hours of MSCrew action did come in handy as I was out making sure all the telephone poles in the city were appropriately covered with the right posters… which is a buttload of walking around.

• October 18, 2010 at 2:48 am — Reply

Wow! No matter how much they pay you – it’s not enough!

• TheNewNum.2
        October 27, 2010 at 7:27 am — Reply

Thanks, Andreas. It’s a fairly thankless job… in fact our newly elected Mayor mentioned passing a by-law to ban doing it in his campaign, so it is very nice to hear someone say nice things like that.

@Matthew, I knew that the iTunes gets episodes earlier than the site does, but this time it was like 12 hours early, so I was curious. Keep on casting, guys. :)

• TheNewNum.2
          October 27, 2010 at 7:28 am — Reply

Sorry, Stephen, the second paragraph was for you, not Matthew… where’s an edit / delete button when you need one? XD

• October 27, 2010 at 8:38 am — Reply

No worries… As I mentioned, this was a one-time/rare thing, and if you saw the post on Twitter, you knew why it was released early.

• October 18, 2010 at 9:42 am — Reply

It wasn’t released a day early on the site. The show is always available Saturday morning. If you have an iTunes subscription, the show was available a few hours early than normal. If you follow @MajorSpoilers on Twitter you get notified when new episodes are released via the RSS feed, and more importantly, you find out WHY the show was released a few hours early.

• Brian
        October 18, 2010 at 12:01 pm — Reply

Any chance you will let those of us who don’t Twitter (and prefer to get our comics on the printed page) in on why it released early?

7. Rich Y
    October 23, 2010 at 10:15 am — Reply

After finding your podcast about a month ago, I just finished catching up on all the shows by listening to #70(I can listen while at work- yeah!), and am not looking forward to cutting back to one a week now. You guys rock! (Do people still say that?) Anyway, I’m an old guy (sounds like I’m Matthew & Stephen’s age) and hadn’t played D&D since around about 1990 when I graduated from college, but listening to Critical Hit fanned the flames of my interest once again and for the last two weeks I’ve played in 4e game sessions here in Boulder. What fun! I’m even looking ahead to maybe DMing a bit next year. Anyway, thanks for the podcast, it is much appreciated.

p.s. I kept waiting for ‘Fluffy’ to get called up by Torq as you guys were following the energy trail since… as sure as God made little green apples… there was probably going to be a fight in the near future. Did he just forget?