If you have been longing for another Men in Black movie because you really want to see comedic antics involving space aliens, and you have been dying for another Will Smith hit single, you can start doing your happy dance… right… now.

According to Pajiba, Josh Brolin, Jemaine Clement, Alec Baldwin, Gemma Arterton, Sharlto Copley, Nicole Sherzinger, and Emma Thompson are in the running.  Brolin will play a young Agent K, while Baldwin will play a 1969 version of the MIB boss, with Thompson tapped to play the modern day head of the agency.  Copley will get to play an alien, with Arterton playing a MIB secretary.  Apparently, Sherzinger will cameo as Clement’s girlfriend, with Clement playing the big bad in the movie.

What does 1969 have to do with all of this? Sources have Smith and Jones traveling back in time and meeting the younger Brolin, and apparently the rest of the MIB from the early days of the agency.

via Pajiba

Major Spoilers Adventures #65: Dear Diary 3-Beyond Diarydome

DC covers get symbolic in January

1. Doctor Sleepless
    October 15, 2010 at 11:45 am — Reply

That is the kinda cast that guarantees something interesting.
    NICE!

2. October 15, 2010 at 12:39 pm — Reply

How is Josh Brolin supposed to be Tommy Lee Jones from 41 years ago? There’s only 20 years between them, and Brolin sure doesn’t look like he’s in his 20s.

3. TorontoFrog
    October 15, 2010 at 12:46 pm — Reply

Nicole Sherzinger is an actress since when? Oh well, I don’t care… at least it will be fun to hmm look at!

4. October 15, 2010 at 12:58 pm — Reply

I’d probably go see this for the cast alone. Even if the script is doodoo, watching these actors ham it up will be hilarious. No word if Rip Torn is on board though? :(

5. dan
    October 15, 2010 at 1:07 pm — Reply

What about Frank “My God” Oz?

6. Haple
    October 15, 2010 at 7:58 pm — Reply

And the big bad guy is….. the Hiphopapotamus.
    Nice to see Jemaine going onwards and upwards.

7. October 16, 2010 at 7:19 pm — Reply

My feelings for the cast and concept not withstanding, if the title of this movie is Men In Black 3D, I will not see it.

You hear FOX? You want my money, you will not name this movie MIB3D. I don’t care what your crappy marketing people tell you.

8. Damascus
    November 17, 2010 at 10:14 pm — Reply

I would love to see this! I didn’t love MIB II, but I still own it and will watch it anytime, they’re just those kinds of movies that you can throw on and be entertained for an hour and a half and be satisfied. I’m down for some more….now make ya neck work, and FREEZE…