According to Deadline ABC is developing a live action Hulk television series.  This has to be good news, right?  And why didn’t this synergy happen sooner?  Disney bought Marvel quite some time ago, and since Disney is the parent company of ABC, the network should be teaming with Marvel projects.

There’s no one really attached to the Hulk project – no writer, no director, no producer – nothing.  So now is as good as time as any to get your wild speculation engine up to full speed and let your imaginations go wild.  What do you want to see in your Hulk television show?

And while you’re at it, what other Marvel properties should get their own television series?  The Hollywood Reporter has Cloak and Dagger getting the treatment for ABC Family, and The Punisher headed to a cable channel.

via Deadline

RETRO REVIEW: Amazing Spider-Man #24 (May 1965)

Friday Sing-Along: My Chemical Romance

1. October 15, 2010 at 4:36 am — Reply

Cloak & Dagger? Interesting choice. If it was on ABC proper, I’d consider it, but if it’s on ABC Family, it’ll probably be more like an extra bad WB cast-off.

2. Antonio Sanciolo
    October 15, 2010 at 5:02 am — Reply

I’d love to see at least a season of NO HULK. Just shadows and implied hulkness. I’d love it to be cerebral and suggestive. Perhaps and X-Files styled pairing of two unlikely detectives following in the wake of this weird Banner fellow and the unlikely destruction he seems to be causing.

3. October 15, 2010 at 6:24 am — Reply

I really hate that argument… When the buyout came around, we had long discussions about how they certainly wouldn’t immediately get into corporate synergy mode, but when they do, it’s been too long? :)

• October 15, 2010 at 1:04 pm — Reply

For fans, its always been too long. ;p

4. Navarre
    October 15, 2010 at 7:20 am — Reply

Cloak & Dagger were always two of my favorite low-spotlight characters. But I agree with Mela. I’m not sure how well ABC Family would deal with the drugs and street-level environment needed for such a series.

5. Ricco
    October 15, 2010 at 9:07 am — Reply

I’ve seen a few episodes of No Ordinary Family, not looking forward to either, plus isn’t Lou Ferrigno to old anyway? ;-)

6. hermit
    October 15, 2010 at 11:37 am — Reply

as long as it’s not ABC Family.

7. Marcus
    October 16, 2010 at 10:53 am — Reply

I really despise Disney.
    Pixar is the greatest thing that ever happened to them.

• Damascus
      November 17, 2010 at 10:10 pm — Reply

In a way that’s agreeing and not agreeing at the same time, I really love Disney and I do think that Pixar was a great thing for them. I just can’t stop getting depressed at the stuff that Disney proper keeps putting out. The Princess and the Frog wasn’t terrible, but this new Tangled looks pretty horrible, Enchanted wasn’t good, Bolt wasn’t a huge hit either. They’re a long way away from the days of Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc. That’s probably why I love Disney as much as I do though, I grew up loving those movies and singing those songs to no end. My 2 1/2 year old walks around all day singing Lion King songs and talking about being Simba and that I’m Scar and then he beats me up. When Disney sets out to make a real cartoon movie with a good plot and good music, they usually have a movie that has real merits, but when it’s light on music and just there for jokes and slapstick comedy it’s really hit or miss. Emperor’s New Groove is of the latter variety, but that one actually works for me. Tarzan, Lion King, Little Mermaid, Oliver and Company, etc. fit into the first category and are full of great music and emotional bits and really great cinematography.

Oh yeah, um, Hulk would be an okay thing to try again. I loved the original, and I’d have to wait and see what they do with it, but although I like the Hulk I feel it could run really thin. If they keep it like the original though, with that Caine from Kung Fu walking the earth thing, it could be good.