Quite honestly, this is the first time I’ve heard of I Am Number Four from Dreamworks, but the company saw fit to send a featurette about the film our way to share with you, the Faithful Spoilerites.

Three are dead. Who is Number Four? D.J. Caruso (“Eagle Eye,” “Disturbia”) helms an action-packed thriller about an extraordinary teen, John Smith (Alex Pettyfer), who is a fugitive on the run from ruthless enemies sent to destroy him. Changing his identity, moving from town to town with his guardian Henri (Timothy Olyphant), John is always the new kid with no ties to his past. In the small Ohio town he now calls home, John encounters unexpected, life-changing events—his first love (Dianna Agron), powerful new abilities and a connection to the others who share his incredible destiny.

John (Alex Pettyfer) is an extraordinary teen, masking his true identity and passing as a typical high school student to elude a deadly enemy seeking to destroy him. Three like him have already been killed…he is Number Four.

I Am Number Four arrives in theaters on February 19, 2011.

via Dreamworks

Archie Comics Sneak Peek of the Week

Marvel Sneak Peek: Chaos War #3

1. October 14, 2010 at 10:49 am — Reply

When the main character started speaking with the English accent, the first thought I had was “Thank god!”. Dunno why.

2. @lantis
    October 14, 2010 at 1:53 pm — Reply

Looks interesting. I’m glad they didn’t cast Shia Lebouff in this one, since he was the star of this guy’s first two movies. Was a little disappointed that there was the “guy protects girl from oncoming car” scene, but other than that the premise sounds like it has potential.

3. October 14, 2010 at 5:10 pm — Reply

The link is down

• Ricco
      October 14, 2010 at 6:42 pm — Reply

It isn’t right now, try clikling on the tiny “play” arrow on the bottom left side of the screen next to the volume one.

I can’t take this seriously I keep hearing the Austin Power’s impact music and “I am number 2”

4. October 14, 2010 at 6:50 pm — Reply

“You are number Six”
    It just popped into my head.

Anyway, this is my first exposure to this movie, but am I the only one thinking his girlfriend/love intrest is going to turn out to be on of the nine? Maybe I am precoging the story, but that’s the vibe I am getting.

• Ricco
      October 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm — Reply

Of course she’s one of the nine.

• October 14, 2010 at 10:07 pm — Reply

It’s so sad that no one tries any more with movies. Or I have just watched too many, and read too many comics.

But it’s a better addiction than drugs.

5. Armaan
    October 14, 2010 at 8:17 pm — Reply

Dude. Dudette.
    I am so, so, SO fascinated.

6. Sam
    October 15, 2010 at 1:35 am — Reply

If they manage to pull the inevitable dark plot twist- like the girl dying, in a believable way, I will forgive every other fault the movie has.

7. addicted2aa
    October 16, 2010 at 9:10 am — Reply

Got to say that though the movie looks like pretty average Hollywood fare, (they didn’t show any dialogue, what does that say about the writing?) I’ll still see it just for the action. Looks like they might have a pretty good choreographer and the scene right after the lockers is one of the only good parkour type chases scenes I’ve seen since Ong Bak