If you’ve ever seen a really bad copy of the two one-hour Legends of the Super Heroes television series from 1979, then you know how horrible television was in the ’70s.  If you’ve ever seen a really bad copy of the two one-hour Legends of the Super Heroes television series from 1979, you know how potentially awesome the show is in terms of superhero and television history.  If you’ve ever seen a really bad copy of the two one-hour Legends of the Super Heroes television series from 1979 and wished you could own a high quality DVD copy, you’re about to get your wish.  Warner Home Video has announced the Legends of the Super Heroes will arrive on DVD on October 19, 2010, and is one of the new On Demand DVD options for U.S. residents.  Why only for customers in the U.S.? Because I think it might cause an international incident if it were released anywhere else.

If you want this DVD, you better pre-order now.

REVIEW: Deadpool MAX #1

Art Appreciation Moment of the Day: Dave Stevens

1. J Michael T
    October 11, 2010 at 11:21 am — Reply

Hahahaha!! Awesome post. I love the line “… and if you need their help tonight, you are SOL as we ARE BUSY!”. I love the 70s and their version of “C-celebrity game show appearance” as opposed to today’s “reality show appearance”. This is all kinds of awesome.

2. Brian G.
    October 11, 2010 at 11:23 am — Reply

Train wreck. I cringed at the begining introductions but felt oddly facinated by the rest of it. I can’t …. not … buy … this…

3. Alan
    October 11, 2010 at 11:54 am — Reply

I remember watching this when I was 9 years old. Even then, I thought it was the worst thing I’d ever seen. The “Superfriends” was better written and acted by an order of magnitude.

4. ed
    October 11, 2010 at 12:23 pm — Reply

so which cable company has this on demand???

5. Christina
    October 11, 2010 at 12:56 pm — Reply

Someone should compare this to the Superfriends (hey poll of the week question!) I REALLY hope my parents didn’t watch this in college it’s worse than the animated Lord of the Rings movies XD

6. Robbie
    October 11, 2010 at 2:58 pm — Reply

Hey, the Hawkman tagline was good—“fighting evil of the present with the weapons of the past..”

7. October 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm — Reply

The most memorable thing from this abomination is the appearance of Ghettoman, as he lays down his jive on the honkey heroes.

It just goes to prove that all the weirdness of the 70’s was due to the drugs. Nuff Said.

8. Jim
    October 11, 2010 at 4:09 pm — Reply

Those are still better costumes than that horrible live-action Justice League TV show.

The funny thing is that a roast was the sort of bizarre thing that did happen in the comics pre-80s. People forget that they weren’t always serious and dark, especially on the DC side. (Not that this is good in any way)