This issue: More discussion of Superman – specifically Smallville, Kansas, and just where the hell it really is located.

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/msp242.mp3[/podcast]

Download

RSS Feed

Podcast Alley

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

DC cover price change by the numbers

Critical Hit #69: Rise of the Monarchs

1. October 9, 2010 at 11:41 am — Reply

The Jericho thing drove me nuts. You often lose sight of the front range, by the time you get to the Byers Exit on I-70, about 40 miles east of Denver on a REALLY clear day. On a hazy day I can’t see the mountains FROM MY HOUSE, and I have a Denver address.

2. October 9, 2010 at 3:31 pm — Reply

I was sat down put on the podcast, made me a PB&J and enjoyed this to no end. The JLA/Avengers, “This Earth is Bigger” deal was something I hope you all would bring up. The placement of the DCU is something that I shouldn’t worry about, but I find myself doing just that.

I hope to see pictures of the train station that is the last remenant of “Smallville”.

With the way you all speak of the maddening winds of Kansas, and the tales of the multitude of Rattlesnakes Truck drivers tell me, I may want to reconsider any excursion to the State of the Spoilerite.

3. shamon from the bronx ny
    October 9, 2010 at 3:34 pm — Reply

about to give a listen to this

4. Christina
    October 9, 2010 at 6:03 pm — Reply

If you guys want to watch zombies, see if you can find High School of The Dead. It’s an anime about zombies. The zombies are shuffling zombies, but in the first episode, at least one girl is torn apart by a huge group of zombies. I’ve seen the first episode I think it is a great zombie tv show. Premise: what if zombies attacked Japan and it centers around a high schooler and his (former?) crush. Cool show by the way: how did you guys get from Smallville to ZOMBIES???

• October 9, 2010 at 6:43 pm — Reply

Cool show by the way: how did you guys get from Smallville to ZOMBIES???

How do we get anywhere from anywhere? It’s a peculiar brain fever of a Tuesday evening. :)

• October 9, 2010 at 9:41 pm — Reply

I have that book around here somewhere…

• Ricco
      October 10, 2010 at 4:33 pm — Reply

I read the manga, it’s pretty good, I liked how from the first few chapter we get how zombies work: they are slow, blind and identify you by sound and so on… Plus the artist is better known for his hentai drawings so the girls are nice to look at ;-)

Yeah it’s starts as been centered around a highschooler and his former girlfriend, it eventually get centered around a handfull of highschoolers, the school nurse (balcony/Shakespeare, you get what I’m saying) and am orphaned elementary girl and her dog. They are basicaly trying to stay alive (and sane) by locating their parents/friends, this mission keeps themselves from facing the fact life as they know it is pretty much over. The series is a lot deeper then the art would suggest.

P.S. Zack Snyder’s “Dawn of the Dead” still sucks.

5. Sarah
    October 10, 2010 at 12:43 am — Reply

The “town underneath the artificial lake” thing is not limited to Kansas by any means — in my local area, there are two true, documented instances of small towns/areas being seized by eminent domain and flooded to form reservoirs, and there is still some evidences of the former settlement under the water (foundations and the like.) Spoooky, and I feel bad for those people who had to move for that reason.

6. Tondi- (Villain)
    October 10, 2010 at 2:44 am — Reply

Mr Peterson I believe falling that far is 1d10 + Zeusaphone Damage in DND terms! HA HA!

7. Aubreii
    October 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm — Reply

I feel cheated! I was expecting actual talk about telly program.
    stunningly I still listened to the entire thing as you guys just kept me glued. Can we please have an ACTUAL smallville song.

8. Brian
    October 11, 2010 at 12:14 pm — Reply

Rodrigo – thanks for the shoutout for Grand Island. It must be why I listened and laughed about the weather and climate conversation. Loved it, couldn’t stop laughing. Reminded me of visiting the parents for the weekend.

9. October 11, 2010 at 12:59 pm — Reply

You know that song, “Sweet Home Chicago”?

The original recording wasn’t written this way (because it was about Kokomo, Indiana), but Robert Johnson sang…

“Back to the land of CALIFORNIA to my sweet home, Chicago.”

Whether Chicago is in California or not, this version is the one most people know. Even The Blues Brothers sang it with those lyrics.

10. Adam
    October 11, 2010 at 5:21 pm — Reply

When it comes to the people of the Legion’s time thinking of it as a town on the eastern seaboard, I had always assumed that in the future the eastern seaboard was in Kansas due to some unexplained weather phenomenon…

11. Ned Tugent
    November 4, 2010 at 11:11 am — Reply

In a first season episode of Smallville, you could see the Metropolis skyline from the top of a windmill in Smallville. In another episode, Metropolis was “three hours away”. In the episode where Clark’s heat vision went nutso and he burned Kryptonian symbols on the barn, it was passed off as a “KU prank”. And on the episode “Perry White”, there are news reports about solar flares on a Kansas City tv station.