Critical Hit #68: Sniffing out magic

REVIEW: Green Arrow #4

1. Aldo
    October 2, 2010 at 4:05 pm — Reply

Hope you guys, specially Rob, liked it. Now that I look at it again I think the paint job might have come out a little bit too dark. Anyways I will improve with the next new character or major baddie NPC (if Rodrigo ever wants an NPC custom made let me know). Thanks for the podcast guys.

• October 2, 2010 at 9:43 pm — Reply

we, of course, love it. Also I’m certain that the session following the day I request a custom antagonist figure will have the party obliterate said NPC in half a round.

• Rob (fka Smith)
        October 3, 2010 at 12:26 pm — Reply

Dude, it was perfect, Brian and Stephen had to keep me from grabbing the fig and just marveling over it during the fight.

• October 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm — Reply

Hi Guys!

Cool figure. I’m part of a UK painting service known as Artmaster Studio. I listen to your podcast every week and love it.

If you ever want me to paint some miniatures then let me know and I’d be happy to offer a significant discount.

Anyway, Great podcast.

I’d love to know what you think of our painting.

Best regards
      Toby
      Artmaster Studio

2. October 2, 2010 at 4:09 pm — Reply

Aldo, as an certified physician I have no doubt. You are insane. Insane to such epic figures.
    Tip of the hat to you sir.

• October 3, 2010 at 12:06 am — Reply

*insane to make such epic, fantastic, wonderfull and lively

3. Rob
    October 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm — Reply

The color is perfect. Wonderful job!

• Damascus
      October 3, 2010 at 9:19 am — Reply

Yeah, I kinda felt bad for Rob to get this awesome figure of Smith in the mail right after having Smith bite it on the Moon. Granted, I’m not fully caught up with the Astral Sea stuff yet, but I had been thinking that somehow after they’re done with this season maybe Rob gets to choose as a twist of the plot that Ket has other matters to attend and as a reward for their actions the team can ressurect Smith. Only wishful thinking I suppose, or maybe Ket’ll die and Rob can then play a Kenku.

4. Allen
    October 2, 2010 at 9:29 pm — Reply

That is gorgeous. Aldo you are an artiste!

5. Terry
    October 3, 2010 at 7:56 am — Reply

Hey Aldo, do you happen to have a website? Would love to buy some custom figures from you!

• TheNewNum.2
      October 3, 2010 at 11:27 am — Reply

I thought of asking the same thing, but then I thought of how, if he did make such an offer, he’d be inundated with requests from across Spoilerite Nation.

6. Aldo
    October 3, 2010 at 1:02 pm — Reply

@rob(fka Smith): Glad to hear you liked it man. I put the wand inside the jacket b/c u said he likes to keep it concealed. The whip is on the other side also under the jacket. The imp’s tail is pretty sturdy but you should still be careful when handling it. I’m not sure it would withstand a fall.

@Andreas: thanks man, but I don’t think I’m just that insane yet, hopefully with a couple of more figs to practice my sculpting I’ll get closer to that insane level, I’ll wait 4 ur diagnosis from future minis.

@Terry & thenewnum2: well people asked the sane thing with unboxing part 2 the first minis. Thing is painting is just my hobby and just of recently started modifying/sculpting minis. It takes me a loooong time to work on one so I’m not sure I could commit to a bunch of commissions and would have no clue as to how much to sell them for. THAT said I was thinking about STEPHEN running a silent auction as a donation for MSP or CH, under which whoever donates the most for X month would get a custom painted/conversed mini. I’m not sure if Stephen would go for it. Sooo since I’m not that much in the forums of MS maybe you guys should spread the word around and see if people would be interested.

• TheNewNum.2
      October 3, 2010 at 6:42 pm — Reply

Very cool idea, Aldo… hopefully if it happens, it happens after I get the full time job I’m in the running for… right now I can barely afford to feed me and my army of cat ninja assassins (read: my three normal cats) and I wouldn’t want to miss out on maybe getting a Ronin Starlight figurine. :)

7. Aldo
    October 3, 2010 at 1:06 pm — Reply

I meant converted not “conversed”

8. Hafwit
    October 4, 2010 at 1:32 am — Reply

That is just awesome. :) You are very talented.

(The figure’s got Marsupilami on his shoulder! I really should listen to the podcast)

9. Damascus
    October 4, 2010 at 5:48 am — Reply

Now maybe Aldo should make a figure of Din (i think) for Alex. Halfling/Lynx would be cool.

10. Bryan
    October 4, 2010 at 8:05 am — Reply

I’m amazed at the figure it’s art and it helps listeners like me really visualize the game as I’m listening to it. My question is are the critical hit guys actually using these figures in the game? Or is it in a display case?

• Damascus
      October 4, 2010 at 9:29 am — Reply

Maybe both, the display case could be locked up when they aren’t playing.

• TheNewNum.2
      October 6, 2010 at 5:58 am — Reply

well they’re definitely being used in the game… Stephen’s round by round pics posted in the article for each episode show them on the battle grids.

11. Blackcat
    November 22, 2010 at 10:07 am — Reply

Aldo, do you sell custom figures or take like mail orders cause I would really like to know if it would be possible for somebody who isn’t a famous podcaster to get there hands on something this awesome.

12. Aldo
    November 23, 2010 at 3:35 pm — Reply

@Blackcat, sorry man I don’t do comissions b/c it takes me a loong time to finish a mini. But go to the forums and talk to your MSP/CH representatives aka Rodrigo/Matthew/Stephen and ask for MSP to put together a contest.

@Stephen, I am game to paint/convert a mini to reflect hi/her character for one Critical Hitter to be sorted out from the people who bought a Critical Hit T-Shirt. Hopefully that would increase sales and we can all have our summer event. Let me know.