With the demise of Wildstorm, and the promise that many of the titles will be moving under the DC banner, featuring the Gen13 team popped to the forefront.  Jamie McKelvie drew the Gen13 team looking a little lost, and it just seems rather appropriate for today’s Art Appreciation Moment of the Day.

Given the nature of the characters, I fully expect half of you to complain that Fairchild’s boobs aren’t big enough, and the other half of you to complain that her boobs are too big given the size of the rest of her body.  To both sides of the argument I say – your mileage may vary…

via Flickr

ME WANT: Captain America's History: Minimates style

Marvel Sneak Peek: Carnage #1

1. September 28, 2010 at 11:32 am — Reply

I like it – Gen13 always had this wierd dissonance for me because it felt like the artists wanted a cheescakey 90s Image book while the writers always wanted this wierd, quirky, slice-of-life indie book that happened to have superheroes in it. I think if this art style had been present it would have probably kept my interest more

2. September 28, 2010 at 11:23 pm — Reply

I love Jamie’s art. He’s one of my faves.

3. September 29, 2010 at 6:21 am — Reply

I like nerd girl Roxy with her Tina Fey glasses… But is that Rainmaker on the left? If so, I can’t decide whether it’s cool or not.

• September 29, 2010 at 9:38 am — Reply

Actually I think it’s Rainmaker with the nerd glasses on and Roxy on the left?

4. Navarre
    September 29, 2010 at 7:31 am — Reply

I think it is an excellent piece. Each character has a defined look.

If you were to conceal their hair and bodies I could still pick their face out of a lineup. No cookie-cutter expressions.

Their bodies are drawn realistically. They look like human beings not, whatever it is most artists draw.

Their expressions don’t convey much heroism but it would seem that was the intention. I’m not sure about that.

But it’s a good sketch and I wish we’d see more of such art, where form is evenly layered with substance. Thank you for posting something different this time.

5. Bob
    September 29, 2010 at 2:39 pm — Reply

Excellent art, as a Gen 13 I love it. They look like real people. A whole book drawn by Jamie would be great. Make it happen DC!!!!!