Critical Hit: A Major Spoilers D and D podcast
Celestial Crusade

This episode: Will the team take down the big bad, or will the Snakey-Man get the better of the team?

[podcast]http://traffic.libsyn.com/majorspoilers/critical-hit-67.mp3[/podcast]

Direct Download

RSS Feed

Take the jump to the Top of the Round images.

Contact us at podcast@majorspoilers.com

Robot Overlord

Robot Overlord

The Want List #16: DOOM in a box

RETRO REVIEW: Superman Vol. 1 #276 (June 1974)

1. Pentay Zae Gammie (1/2e F/T)
    September 25, 2010 at 2:48 pm — Reply

Awesome episode as always. Onward Celestial Crusaders!

2. Ricco
    September 26, 2010 at 12:48 am — Reply

Cool fight, just realised something when you guys lvlev after smiting Shatters, what powers did you get(you guys did get to lvl 6 no? I think it was mentioned in Stephen’s campaign)? Ik Torq got third wind, Orem re-focus, but what about Randus? And did you guys only get those powers?

3. September 26, 2010 at 2:34 pm — Reply

Another epic episode, thx guys.
    Following Ricco’s post, could you pleace post a sort of charatersheed for the 4 heroes.
    When you guys were lvl 1 and 2 it was easy to follow your spells and feats, but now you have totally lost me.

So pretty pleace with sugar on the top, could you just make a list for each persona like

Torq:
    Exploits:
    Feats:
    Magic gear:

Just that would be perfect thx.

• MarkW
      September 26, 2010 at 8:24 pm — Reply

I’ve just finished listening to them all from the beginning. Here’s Torq and Orem’s powers(I think…). I’m a little fuzzy on some of Randus’ as I don’t have the Eberon book.

Torq Exploits:

AtWill – Magic Missile, Thunder Wave
      Level 1 Daily – Flaming Sphere, Acid Arrow
      Level 1 Encouter – Force Orb
      Level 2 Utility – Guardian Blades, Shield
      Level 3 Encounter – Hyponotic Pattern
      Level 5 Daily – Fireball, Phantasmal Assailant
      Level 6 Utility – Refocus, ???

Btw, the new Magic Missile makes for some bad podcasting. It’s almost like Orem’s turn gets skipped.

• September 27, 2010 at 1:26 pm — Reply

Some might say it makes for excellent podcasting, as Orem doesn’t have to spend 20 minutes deciding what to do… BAZINGA!

• MarkW
          September 27, 2010 at 2:39 pm — Reply

There’s nothing wrong with a 20 minute pre-turn discussion group. ;) But you usually kept things moving quickly even before MM changed.

I think why it’s jarring to me as a listener is that there’s no tension – it’s just “And dogface takes 6 pts of damage”.

Though the simplicity of Orem firing auto-hit Magic Missiles does somewhat offset the complex nature of some of Ket’s powers.

• Brian
            September 29, 2010 at 5:20 pm — Reply

Say what you want – shooting magic missles while laying prone on the floor for autohit is a cool image.

• MarkW
            October 1, 2010 at 9:10 am — Reply

Yeah, there’s no denying that was a cool moment.

4. Morgan Sandiford
    September 26, 2010 at 4:42 pm — Reply

Great episode but as Andreas said can you give us a recap of the powers and gear for each player?

That would be great!
    Thanks!

5. Matt
    September 27, 2010 at 8:35 am — Reply

PIXIES NICE!

6. Brian G.
    September 27, 2010 at 10:32 am — Reply

I just realize what these monsters remind me of:

Of course I couldn’t find a really clear shot of his mouth completely open (all 3 sides of it)…

7. Supergirl & the Legion Lass
    September 27, 2010 at 11:38 pm — Reply

Too bad you guys don’t have a girl in the game. Of course, there is not a lot of girl D&D gamers around. But great episode as always! I never played version 4 but I have played version 3.5 and I don’t care what you say but I will always have fond memories of my old character.

8. Thomas Lacey
    September 29, 2010 at 6:09 pm — Reply

I have had many girls as players when i was DMing there not that rare

9. Jackie
    October 4, 2010 at 11:23 pm — Reply

awesome episode I always love the “pew pew” from orem :)

10. Billy
    August 8, 2011 at 8:33 am — Reply

Good job, fellas. Still playing catchup. Even though I am way behind and this suggestion may only affect episodes in the far future, I’d like to suggest that Rodrigo practice avoiding saying “Um”. Just listen to the first minute. Sorry! He’s got great insight as a DM, and storytelling and listenability could be improved by fixing this little habit.