Marineman is coming!

Friday Sing-Along: MC Chris Han Solo

1. September 24, 2010 at 10:27 am — Reply

…. how would this even work? Wolverine-style adamantium fangs? Blood transfusion? Magic?

• CMonocle
      September 24, 2010 at 11:18 am — Reply

The vampires used some kind of vampire bomb that sent the virus airborn, I think? Can anyone clarify?

Vampire Thing is so cool. Wow.

• September 24, 2010 at 11:27 am — Reply

The did a suicide vampire bomber in the X-Men #1 that affected Jubilee. After that I don’t know how they are turning heroes to vamps. Of course the variant covers are just variants to promote the event, and at this time the vampire apocalypse is only going on in X-Men and the Dracula books.

2. Captain Average
    September 24, 2010 at 2:26 pm — Reply

I figure supernatural fangs can get through that rocky hide.

3. steviecool
    September 24, 2010 at 9:28 pm — Reply

Awesome pic, but ROCK fangs would have totally made this classic.

4. Peruchito
    September 25, 2010 at 11:45 am — Reply

5. RedneckTaZ
    September 25, 2010 at 12:09 pm — Reply

ENOUGH WITH THE VAMPIRES! Hell, they’re at the MALL, at the BURGER KING (although I don’t eat there so I have no idea why that bothers me). What the hell is the overall facination of an undead human version of a tick? (Not THE Tick, who was great, especially in the animated version. “I CAN SO suck blood! You wanna see me suck blood!”

I would just hope that if someone went after the vampire Thing they’d at least have the courtesy to use a Star of David instead of a cross.

6. September 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm — Reply

It’s a cool cover because it’s such an oddball idea.

I don’t there are any plans to have it happen in the 616 Marvel Universe. This is the same as the Marvel Ape variants or dozens upon dozens of Marvel Zombie variants seen over the past couple of years. The only difference is the artists are actually putting more thought in the subject of these covers instead of “zombifying” the regular monthly cover.

I’m not a big fan of the “Curse of the Mutants” storyline so far, but I like the idea of these covers just because they are totally over-the-top . . . in stark contrast to a lot of the other vampires prowling pop culture right now.